Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Elle in the portal

Default Re: Elle in the portal

College Sports is dead at the mid major level. The word legacy is no longer important

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Those who stay ain't getting paid eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Those who stay ain't getting paid eh.
    The Green and Gold Collective hopes to change that but it obviously needs more money because it's filtered all the way down to womens mid major basketball. What next? The ping pong team gets gutted? I mean football is obviously the priority but cmon

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Need to start requiring players to sign contracts now with buyout clauses. It's pro sports league at this point gotta use the same methods as the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I used to think the rule requiring transfers to sit out a year was a stupid rule. Maybe exactly what is needed and/or a buyout paid by the new school.
    At a minimum the receiving school should have to pay the original school the scholarship money paid to the athlete, the original costs with recruiting that athlete, and a significant fee for the development of that athlete. The one exception I’d make is if the athlete has graduated and is moving on to grad school but still has eligibility.

If I was a hiring business owner and a college graduate who had been a student/athlete and gone through the portal to switch schools applied for a job with my business I’d have serious reservations about hiring that person as he/she has demonstrated a lack of loyalty and commitment.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can someone explain why I should give more to our NIL fund at this time?? Until we can see players signing contracts and have free agency compensation from P5/6 conference teams why throw it down a rat hole.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTitan View Post
    So what happened between the Minnesota game and today? This is what she said after that game. I don't want to badmouth her, I have no reason to think bad of her, but saying something like this and then entering the portal a few days later is frustrating.

“I’m so proud of everyone on this team and I’m so proud to be a part of NDSU women’s basketball,” Evans said. “I’m so excited for the future because we have such a young group. Just to come back with this young group we have is obviously huge.”
    I would cry too if I knew I was going to let down all my teammates, coaches and fans a week later. She knew then and nothing happened. She's just human

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And really starting to cause me to reconsider whether my $8000 plus annual donations to TMs and NIL is justifiable to me anymore. I only attend football games (season tickets), so why bother with what I think is a fairly decent monetary contribution to NDSU athletics when this shit is becoming the norm and I can get FB tickets/seats much cheaper. This is getting old in a hurry for me.
    I’m with you. We just re upped our annual tickets but why give the type of money I give when this is the end result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, I'll be the devil's advocate. I'm no fan of this transfer portal stuff either but the level of whining about it is getting ridiculous too. These are people not property - if they have a monetizable skill they should be free to leverage that in whatever (legal) way they'd like to maximize it just like the rest of us are. The compensation they are given in terms of scholarships and NIL money isn't something they continue to collect from the school they're leaving if they transfer out and if they committed themselves while they were there I see no reason to punish them for leaving (which is what requiring the school they're transferring to compensate the school they're transferring from would result in).

Everyone is free to spend their money how they want to but ask yourself are you supporting the school on the front of the jerseys or the names on the back of them (humor me and assume NDSU had names on the backs of jerseys)? As long as the athletes representing NDSU continue to do an exemplary job of that I have no issues if those athletes are changing year after year. This is the how the college game works these days - as a university that is nowhere near the top of the pecking order in terms of support but also nowhere near the bottom you can either embrace that and take advantage of it or you can whither on the vine trying to keep doing things the old way. You can also hope that the NCAA or congress does something to regulate it but you can hope in one hand and crap in the other....

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Can someone explain why I should give more to our NIL fund at this time?? Until we can see players signing contracts and have free agency compensation from P5/6 conference teams why throw it down a rat hole.
    Because I suspect the NIL pool isnt big enough to fund women's basketball at a high level yet