Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Elle in the portal

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Elle in the portal

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I used to think the rule requiring transfers to sit out a year was a stupid rule. Maybe exactly what is needed and/or a buyout paid by the new school.
    I was telling some friends over the weekend the same thing. I hated the sit out, but now it seems like the only way to slow this down. I saw an article where 40% of the starters in the men's final four are transfers this year to those teams...it is truly annual free agency without compensation for the original team.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I was telling some friends over the weekend the same thing. I hated the sit out, but now it seems like the only way to slow this down. I saw an article where 40% of the starters in the men's final four are transfers this year to those teams...it is truly annual free agency without compensation for the original team.
    Scholarships are also not guaranteed year over year. It's always been annual free agency but it used to be only one side (the school) had a penalty free opt out. If the school an athlete transfers to is required to compensate the school the athlete is transferring from then the school the athlete is transferring from should also have been required to give that athlete a multi-year scholarship guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Makes it hard to be fan when our best players leave early.

She was top 5 in 3-point percentage at 45.73% in the entire NCAA - She is going to get some huge NIL offers and go to one of the big-time programs.
    Tick tock with the power conferences splitting from the NCAA and smaller schools.

It's another reason NDSU should have tried to move up the totum pole a few years ago. Instead we're stucks with the UNDs and St Thomas'.

Can't blame her. She's a great talent and only has so much time to use that talent. Best wishes to Elle. Myself and my two girls will be fans.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Tick tock with the power conferences splitting from the NCAA and smaller schools.

It's another reason NDSU should have tried to move up the totum pole a few years ago. Instead we're stucks with the UNDs and St Thomas'.
    Your 2nd paragraph is where we would/will end up anyhow. Anyone who thinks we are competing at the P5 level when it comes to NIL/funding is kidding themselves. A move up for anything other than football only isn’t realistic. A move up for football only further hinders non football sports.

If we move up to the Mountain West, it's not going to be for football only. We need to be in the highest/best position possible. NDSU hasnt done that recently.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    Can't blame her. She's a great talent and only has so much time to use that talent. Best wishes to Elle. Myself and my two girls will be fans.
    Really, where were all these big schools when she graduated? Maybe a little loyalty to the school coach who wanted her out of high school and developed her.....Guess I could not disagree more with your take..

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    At a minimum all NIL money should get clawed back if transferring while still an undergrad. They’re leaving for more NIL money, so not like they can’t afford to make our boosters whole again.

Also the easiest way to “charge” the boosters of the other school for scooping up our player. Very similar to what happens with coaches.
    If they were here for the year they were paid, how is that fair or logical? They don't pay back the scholarship they got while attending that school if they transfer.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    I’m with you. We just re upped our annual tickets but why give the type of money I give when this is the end result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You give big money to womens basketball?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Can someone explain why I should give more to our NIL fund at this time?? Until we can see players signing contracts and have free agency compensation from P5/6 conference teams why throw it down a rat hole.
    Elle had a deal with OK tire. I dont think it had much to do with the Collective other than organizing it

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com