Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Elle in the portal

Default Re: Elle in the portal

Any update on Elle's transfer status? I haven't seen an office post from Elle about entering the transfer portal or a post announcing that she has committed to a program.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    During law school we had some high end attorneys on both sides of the college sports arguments come and talk. They all agreed the NCAA is going to lose a ton of lawsuits unless and until congress does something.

I don't know if the NCAA is dumb or not, but it seems like they have a shitty hand at the poker table. They hired the former republican governor of Massachusetts Charlie Baker to take over. My understanding is that the goal was that he might be able to work with Congress to get something figured out.
    I have to agree. If you want to work out a way to keep paying a bunch of middle managers a ton of money instead of compensating the people actually doing the thing, the US Congress is a good place to start.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I'd be interested to know if our collective was consulted to try to match any offers to try to keep her here.

I also think it's interesting that her departure is getting way more discussion than the annual exodus from Dave's squad.
    I think it's getting more discussion for 2 reasons, one is that the transfer portal has been significantly less prominent in the women's game, mostly because the massive NIL deals are reserved for the elite of the elite on the women's side. She's had a lot of success here, has seemed to enjoy her time at NDSU and the players all seemed truly happy so you don't expect them to leave. Second, the men's side was a disaster this year, seemed like there were some big time locker room issues from different things I've heard and then really outside of Morgs, I don't think anybody was terribly surprised by the guys that hit the portal and he's seeking a pretty big payday so hard to fault him. It's just a bigger shock when it happens on the women's side.

Congress is the last thing we need involved with NIL

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I have to agree. If you want to work out a way to keep paying a bunch of middle managers a ton of money instead of compensating the people actually doing the thing, the US Congress is a good place to start.
    In this case, the person is doing a thing that is losing money to begin with. Without the support of middle managers and financial infusions from the collective, the thing couldn't exist.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    In this case, the person is doing a thing that is losing money to begin with. Without the support of middle managers and financial infusions from the collective, the thing couldn't exist.
    From solely a fiscal standpoint, there should not be any programs (athletic or otherwise) that consume funds that should be going towards educational value of the students. How does lacrosse (or whatever you choose to pick on) benefit anyone once they enter the job market?

Just curious why the people that have portal access are not talking about any schools that have interest in Elle Evans. Very Strange.

I haven't seen a post from Elle saying she is leaving. Is Jory and the G&G Collective working to keep her?

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Just curious why the people that have portal access are not talking about any schools that have interest in Elle Evans. Very Strange.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    I haven't seen a post from Elle saying she is leaving. Is Jory and the G&G Collective working to keep her?
    Should be one of the few exceptions for keeping someone that enters the portal. If we can give her an offer that would get her to stay, Id be all for it.