Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Elle in the portal

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Elle in the portal

Quote Originally Posted by jacks1 View Post
    A blow to the entire league.
    No school is immune as you are becoming aware. It is just destroying college sports.

Loyalty to one's team is nonexistent.

This really hurts, still plenty there for next year. But this hurts.. good luck to Elle .
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

She is probably going closer to her hometown area of St. Louis. The Bison scrimmaged with Kansas, played Drake, played Creighton, played Iowa State (who has lost a bunch of players), played Minnesota and her athleticism and length stands out and is quite obvious. I'm not exactly sure why she was lightly recruited out of high school.

I'm going to miss her and wish her well.

It means Avery Koenen will need to put in the work and develop the outside game so she can up her game.

Jory seems to be a great recruiter and he seems to be recruiting tall, long and athletic players. Let's go Bison!
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Such a depressing event for wbball here at NDSU to hear this. I suggest that the NCAA allow contracts for players in the future so coaches dont go crazy from all of these losses of good players. More rules for NIL and scholarships need to happen very soon, not sure what the real answer will be for mid majors. Contribute big to our NIL fund and survive for another year or fold and go home is the way it is now. We supported them in a big way the last part of this season, I feel shot at and missed, shit at and hit by this transfer. Farmers should sit on their crops until people are starving and then get $50 a bushel for wheat, same kind of deal IMO. Money doesnt buy happiness but will by a new $1.2 million dollar combine to harvest 6 dollar wheat, make sense?
    Let's Go Bison!!!

I was trying to brain strom ideas.

We gotta get it like Soccer where the new school has to pay a transfer fee to us player movement upwards. Can we contract with Big Ten that they get first dibbs on our player transfers in future for sum of dollars? If we are going to be development league for bigger teams - we might as well get compensated for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Such a depressing event for wbball here at NDSU to hear this. I suggest that the NCAA allow contracts for players in the future so coaches dont go crazy from all of these losses of good players. More rules for NIL and scholarships need to happen very soon, not sure what the real answer will be for mid majors. Contribute big to our NIL fund and survive for another year or fold and go home is the way it is now. We supported them in a big way the last part of this season, I feel shot at and missed, shit at and hit by this transfer. Farmers should sit on their crops until people are starving and then get $50 a bushel for wheat, same kind of deal IMO. Money doesnt buy happiness but will by a new $1.2 million dollar combine to harvest 6 dollar wheat, make sense?
    Exactly how I feel. I am at a loss now. Are we throwing money at ..... what?

At a minimum all NIL money should get clawed back if transferring while still an undergrad. They’re leaving for more NIL money, so not like they can’t afford to make our boosters whole again.

Also the easiest way to “charge” the boosters of the other school for scooping up our player. Very similar to what happens with coaches.
    Last edited by NDSU92; 04-05-2024 at 11:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I used to think the rule requiring transfers to sit out a year was a stupid rule. Maybe exactly what is needed and/or a buyout paid by the new school.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Players have been recognized by the courts so the one year out deal is out the window. I like the pay back of NIL theory. We need some schools to drop a sport or 2 after the portal closes to shake the hell out of brazen 19 year olds who are too immature to earn 500k bouncing a ball. Drop a sport after the portal is closed so they are ditched for a while. But then sadly see them go to court and defeat a university established 150 years ago.
    Let's Go Bison!!!