Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Elle in the portal

Default Re: Elle in the portal

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Isn't Kansas where Jory came from when hired by NDSU?
    Correct, it is also where our former assistant is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Correct, it is also where our former assistant is currently.
    I'm sure that's merely a coincidence...

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'm sure that's merely a coincidence...
    what's that old saying? there's no coincidences in foxholes?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Good for her! Yes, I would have loved to have her here for 2 more years. But a chance to play on a bigger stage against more talented opposition? It's a no brainer.
    She didn't transfer to because of the opportunity to play at Kansas. I read an article yesterday out of Wichita that quoted the Wichita State AD saying they needed $400,000 in NIL money to be competitive in women's basketball in the AAC. That's the AAC folks. I'm sure the Big XII is 7 figures. The point is that she transfered for $$$ and who can blame her? Stay at NDSU and create a legacy or transfer to KU for $100k a year (my guess) and start out life with enough money �� in the bank for down payment on a home.

I think the Green and Gold collective can get to the point where we can retain and recruit for football. The other sports are screwed though.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    She didn't transfer to because of the opportunity to play at Kansas. I read an article yesterday out of Wichita that quoted the Wichita State AD saying they needed $400,000 in NIL money to be competitive in women's basketball in the AAC. That's the AAC folks. I'm sure the Big XII is 7 figures. The point is that she transfered for $$$ and who can blame her? Stay at NDSU and create a legacy or transfer to KU for $100k a year (my guess) and start out life with enough money 💰 in the bank for down payment on a home.

I think the Green and Gold collective can get to the point where we can retain and recruit for football. The other sports are screwed though.
    Playing at the highest level, at a historic basketball campus had nothing to do with it, in your opinion? I'm sure some cash had something to do with it, but money aside, playing at Kansas or NDSU isn't even in the same conversation. Congrats to Elle.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    Playing at the highest level, at a historic basketball campus had nothing to do with it, in your opinion? I'm sure some cash had something to do with it, but money aside, playing at Kansas or NDSU isn't even in the same conversation. Congrats to Elle.
    I'm sure it factored in. Based on her previous comments though does she leave without significant NIL money? I highly doubt it. Again, nobody is faulting her for leaving, it just sucks for us.

Kansas isn't a historic womens BB program. Don't think they have ever even made a championship game appearance. I'm sure they can pay a lot more then we can though. What pisses me off is the tampering! People just can't help themselves......

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In Jory's Hot Mic interview today, he said that he had plans should Elle leave after her freshman year. It sounded like he knew what she would develop into. I remember Hamling say that she was impossible to guard when she was a freshman.
    I do wish her well. She was fun to watch.

[QUOTE=Bisonator98;1669405]Kansas isn't a historic womens BB program. Don't think they have ever even made a championship game appearance.

Kansas won the 2023 NIT and lost in the NIT championship in 2009 - that is a championship game. /purple

They also have 4 Sweet 16 appearances. (furthest in big tourney, they have gotten)
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Kansas isn't a historic womens BB program. Don't think they have ever even made a championship game appearance. I'm sure they can pay a lot more then we can though. What pisses me off is the tampering! People just can't help themselves......
    That's why I said historic basketball "campus". haha