Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Elle in the portal

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Elle in the portal

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I was telling some friends over the weekend the same thing. I hated the sit out, but now it seems like the only way to slow this down. I saw an article where 40% of the starters in the men's final four are transfers this year to those teams...it is truly annual free agency without compensation for the original team.
    It's exactly why it existed. It was a deterrent. You were still allowed to transfer but there was a cost to doing it. That's why the NCAA didn't want to change it. It's good for the students but bad for the product overall. If this turns big time college sports into something similar to D2/D3 the money will no longer be here.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Can someone explain why I should give more to our NIL fund at this time?? Until we can see players signing contracts and have free agency compensation from P5/6 conference teams why throw it down a rat hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And really starting to cause me to reconsider whether my $8000 plus annual donations to TMs and NIL is justifiable to me anymore. I only attend football games (season tickets), so why bother with what I think is a fairly decent monetary contribution to NDSU athletics when this shit is becoming the norm and I can get FB tickets/seats much cheaper. This is getting old in a hurry for me.

The Collective is kind of working for football though. The portal hits have been minimal. Of course most people donate for football, not other sports. But not renewing TM directly inpacts our FB budget and next year, all the good games are on the home schedule

As far as mens basketball goes, I'm with you. With only 5 starters, 1 player is too valuable and it's easy for the big dogs to pay huge money. Now it's filtering to WBB, who just got higher ratings than the men in the Elite 8. No future in hoops

Although Elles deal was with OK tire and the collective organized it but I dont think they paid it. Thats a Jay ?
    Last edited by HerdBot; 04-05-2024 at 05:04 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Really, where were all these big schools when she graduated? Maybe a little loyalty to the school coach who wanted her out of high school and developed her.....Guess I could not disagree more with your take..
    In the real world of college athletics 2024 (and it sucks), the big schools didn't need to be there when she graduated. They can now be there when she develops into a great talent with experience.

Loyalty to the coach that wanted her out of high school? Since we don't know where she's going or what the offers are, I'll use Grant Nelson. Would you have stayed playing in front of 1,500 fans vs a summit league schedule? or take 1/2 million dollars and play in front of 11,000+ fans at Alabama and playing an SEC schedule? Sounds like you would have been loyal to Richmond and stayed. Good for you.

The current system sucks for schools like NDSU, but I'm not going to blame the person for looking at better opportunities while they can.

Really, where were all these big schools when she graduated? Maybe a little loyalty to the school coach who wanted her out of high school and developed her.....Guess I could not disagree more with your take..
    Have you ever changed employers or have you worked for the same employer your whole life? (Maybe you're a farmer, idk)

Did your previous employers give you any opportunity to better your craft and gain experience? Did you pay them compensation when you left?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Have you ever changed employers or have you worked for the same employer your whole life? (Maybe you're a farmer, idk)

Did your previous employers give you any opportunity to better your craft and gain experience? Did you pay them compensation when you left?
    It boils down to if you see them as employees or students. How you view that explains how you view the whole thing.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    It boils down to if you see them as employees or students. How you view that explains how you view the whole thing.
    Sure but we don't get to make that decision, the courts already did.

My take on it is to contribute like hell to the NIL and forget about funding schlorships. These players don't care about getting a degree from NDSU or any other school they transfer to. Who they play for is irrelevant. They only care about milking as much money out of the boosters/university as they can. So we can pay them for services rendered and if they leave, "well, its been nice knowing you."

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did you ever leave a job for more money or opportunity? What is the difference. Someone took a chance on you and hired you. Where is the loyalty?

It is the person, its the system. And NDSU is just in a bad spot.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    My take on it is to contribute like hell to the NIL and forget about funding schlorships. These players don't care about getting a degree from NDSU or any other school they transfer to. Who they play for is irrelevant. They only care about milking as much money out of the boosters/university as they can. So we can pay them for services rendered and if they leave, "well, its been nice knowing you."
    I agree but I'm out bro. Glad Larson didn't leave and then I join and then I leave again eh. Just still out bro.

Lardsin must go!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Every school is essentially in the same boat. Even the top schools. Right now Louisville basketball has no players remaining from their 23-24 season. Until something is done to curb this, we'll see mass transfers every year for a variety of reasons. And many will fall through the cracks and not end up anywhere.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk