Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2024 Offseason

PaBizon is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2024 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Tanner Gerber, Trae Thilmony, and starter Landon Johnson all entered the portal before it closed. If you count Negrete, that is 6 starters....

17 guys are gone (could be more, but I've lost count) since the regular season ended...

That. is. not. normal. Even in this portal age, that many guys leaving is not remotely normal.

Thank god coach Blanc has been been proactive in the portal and added....a backup Hwt from Northern Colorado and a junior college 197.

Their 2025 class is non-existent too.
    Other than Sax who cares.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Nothing is normal anymore. Good grief. It’s changed. Grow up and deal with it. If you want Obe fired just say it.

Wrestle stat rankings for those that went the portal route. Ranking is for their individual weight class.

Valeazquez #351
    Licht #267
    Gerber #243
    Klohs #214
    Thilmony #197
    Mills #186
    Gode #162
    Bentz #139
    Duda #92
    Johnson #96 (if he’s in as he doesn’t show up there on Wrestlestat)
    Barretto #62
    Negrete #61
    Mooberry #38
    Dawson #33
    Sax #13

Most were (all but Dawson I believe) recruits that Kish signed off on. They didn’t lose anything but practice bodies other than Sax and Sax isn’t a shoo in starter at Oklahoma having lost to Pickilo more than he’s beat him. I’m glad he opened up a connection with a Minnesota transfer and hopefully there will be more. I still think getting Burwick to come home would be big. This IS the new norm in college sports for mid major programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    My concern is with Pedro Velazquez entering, that's now 12 since the regular season ended. No other program in the country, other than Buffalo, had seen anything close to that number. Buffalo went through a coaching change this offseason, so they have a pretty easy reason.

Looking at the portal, some guys with multiple years of eligibility and probably won't be sought after by the big dogs:

Ethan Stiles would be a home run but I imagine he's out of our range and 157 is likely an area they feel ok about.

Jacob Joyce at 125 would bring 4 years of eligibility and a decent pedigree.

Logan Frazier or Shepherd at 133 would be nice.

Rylan Rogers at 184 is a former big time prospect and has 3 years of eligibility. A guy like Max Hale for a year to allow Cherne and Brenot to redshirt would be fine.
    Buffalo coach left in April of this year. Kish didn’t leave until right before the portal closed last year. Much of what’s happening this year probably happens last year (just like what’s happening at Buffalo) if the timing was the same.