Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spring Football 2024

Default Re: Spring Football 2024

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Badger View Post
    It's a great start! They finally figured it out.
    Why is it that what is so obvious to us fans is so oblivious to coaches? Think about it. I’ve often said that just because they are coaches doesn’t mean the see or know anything.

The main tackling problems Are angles and failure to wrap up. And the angle issue is most prominent. We absolutely suck at taking correct angles when pursuing and, more importantly, when blitzing from outside. The way we do that actually creates lanes for RBs. Difficult to explain “on paper”, but I could show you with films. Out attack of bubble screens is also terrible. Just maintain LOS for eff sakes.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Why is it that what is so obvious to us fans is so oblivious to coaches? Think about it. I’ve often said that just because they are coaches doesn’t mean the see or know anything.

The main tackling problems Are angles and failure to wrap up. And the angle issue is most prominent. We absolutely suck at taking correct angles when pursuing and, more importantly, when blitzing from outside. The way we do that actually creates lanes for RBs. Difficult to explain “on paper”, but I could show you with films. Out attack of bubble screens is also terrible. Just maintain LOS for eff sakes.
    CAS needs to be brought in for fall camp.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    CAS needs to be brought in for fall camp.
    As a tackling dummy?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Being out of position may be why angles appeared to be so bad. That goes back to playing slow which exposes bad tackling and lack of gang tackling

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Being out of position may be why angles appeared to be so bad. That goes back to playing slow which exposes bad tackling and lack of gang tackling
    Exactly. It is much simpler to get to the ball carrier if you are in the correct position...but if you're trying to rally and/or recover than you just forget all your technique and lay out to try to make a play. Even a half step too slow and it goes from being able to wrap up the runner and form tackle to just diving at their legs to try to cut them down.

If we can simplify some things, and get our d-line to eat up blockers and keep the backers clean, we'll be in a much better spot at the second level.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    As a tackling dummy?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    We don't want these boys getting hurt eh.

Lardsin must go!

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Seems to be a lot of "BIG HIT" attempts out there that miss. Back to basics...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

There were many instances where I saw linebackers running to a specific spot near the line of scrimmage at the snap and kind of waiting there, regardless of what was happening. I'm not particularly knowledgeable on defensive schemes but it felt like they were being coached to do that rather than reading and reacting. I don't know, but it looked really odd.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Seems to be a lot of "BIG HIT" attempts out there that miss. Back to basics...
    Yes, seemed to be a lot of attempts at a highlight play rather than just making the play. As said earlier a lot of it can be attributed to poor positioning.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coach Grant Olson:

“I know that was one of the things I asked the older linebackers about is what can we do better in practice and they said tackle every day,” Olson said. “So every

day, no matter what, we are either going to live tackle or do a tackling drill. So we’re going to get better at it by repetition and we worked hard already at it this

offseason in our winter runs when we had time. Instead of working on other techniques, we said we’re going to prioritize tackling.”