Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: WNIT RD 2 VS Montana

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: WNIT RD 2 VS Montana

Nice win, Gophers in Fargo would be big!

Was also awesome to see that they reserved the courtside seats tonight for former players. Most of them from as far back as 20 years have been continuing to support the program through the lows and the now more recent highs.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

I thought the atmosphere at the game was really good for the crap weather. Radio said 2200 for attendance but I gotta believe it was higher. The lower sides of the arena were close to full, and the ends were half full. That does not include what was in the upper deck and the people standin in the upper deck walkway.
    It was a really fun win! I did not understand what the band was chanting. Sometimes they would hold up a cardboard A and just chant A. It was weird. I am pretty sure at one point they chanted snowgate? \ Love supporting these young ladies.
    The Bison were very scrappy tonight and MT had no interest in our physicality.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Tony Almeida is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good game. Good time. I would say the arena was half full so good crowd. I just wish Jory would tighten up the lanes at times. There are moments where his defense looks like Richman's and it makes me wonder if Jory and Richman talk shop and he gets ideas from Richman.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Heaven Hamlings behind the back pass in the paint for an assist was awesome!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Heaven Hamlings behind the back pass in the paint for an assist was awesome!
    damn right it was.....i made some noise in a hotel lounge in Austin TX!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Listened to as much of game as possible on the 1660 app. Was fun to listen to if and wish could have been there in person. Andy Rickoff (sp?) has gotten better and I especially liked how he made it sound exciting and could hear crowd at same time. Good luck next game and thanks for the in game updates on here.

One short video on Facebook from the sports guy at KVLY made it look more than half full. We would have attended if the weather was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    I thought the atmosphere at the game was really good for the crap weather. Radio said 2200 for attendance but I gotta believe it was higher. The lower sides of the arena were close to full, and the ends were half full. That does not include what was in the upper deck and the people standin in the upper deck walkway.
    It was a really fun win! I did not understand what the band was chanting. Sometimes they would hold up a cardboard A and just chant A. It was weird. I am pretty sure at one point they chanted snowgate? \ Love supporting these young ladies.
    The Bison were very scrappy tonight and MT had no interest in our physicality.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    this team is really fun to watch, man I hope we can keep them together for few years, They play like they are having fun unlike our mens team that seems like a prison league...
    I'm pretty sure Dom said that Schulte is using her COVID year and coming back...which means, the only player that will be gone is Heaven, which is obviously a big loss. This team should continue to make noise for the foreseeable future. Crazy to see the polar opposite directions in which NDSU's bball programs are trending.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Good game. Good time. I would say the arena was half full so good crowd. I just wish Jory would tighten up the lanes at times. There are moments where his defense looks like Richman's and it makes me wonder if Jory and Richman talk shop and he gets ideas from Richman.
    They seemed to really struggle with the switchoffs on screens and beating the full court press at times. Not sure if it was a communication thing or just some rust from not having played in awhile. Also missed a ton of close in relatively easy shots. Hopefully they clean up those before the next game.