Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal - 2024

Default Re: Transfer Portal - 2024

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm a bit baffled what the point of transferring to Illinois State is. They aren't good and Normal, IL isn't very exciting.
    The only thing that separates Normal, IL and Peoria, IL is a street or avenue, similar to Fargo/West Fargo. With a combined population (2022) of 164,000 one should be able to find something to do in Normal/Peoria. If nothing else, go tour the Caterpillar plant and museum......just saying.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    The only thing that separates Normal, IL and Peoria, IL is a street or avenue, similar to Fargo/West Fargo. With a combined population (2022) of 164,000 one should be able to find something to do in Normal/Peoria. If nothing else, go tour the Caterpillar plant and museum......just saying.
    You are considering Bloomington as Peoria. Although Peoria is only about 30 minutes from BloNo. BloNo is about 170k and Peoria MSA is about 400k. Downtown Chicago is only about 2 hours away.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by IndyBison; 04-11-2024 at 12:14 PM.

The only thing that separates Normal, IL and Bloomington IL is a street or avenue, similar to Fargo/West Fargo. With a combined population (2022) of 164,000 one should be able to find something to do in Normal/Peoria. If nothing else, go tour the Caterpillar plant and museum......just saying.
    Fixed your post. Plus Peoria is next to Pekin.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Word on the street is Boden got $80K in NIL plus a Ford Raptor, assuming the Raptor is just some sort of lease program but that's a pretty significant package for a guy who was only honorable mention all conference.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Word on the street is Boden got $80K in NIL plus a Ford Raptor, assuming the Raptor is just some sort of lease program but that's a pretty significant package for a guy who was only honorable mention all conference.
    Are perks like the use of a vehicle (leased or not) taxable income; or is it like your rich uncle letting you use one of his vehicles?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are perks like the use of a vehicle (leased or not) taxable income; or is it like your rich uncle letting you use one of his vehicles?
    I believe this is all taxable income, but I'm not 100% certain. Not sure why it wouldn't be. If you get scholarships that cover not then tuition and fees, that excess is also taxable.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    If a non-star player like Skunberg from a terrible conference like the Summit gets that offer from a middling mid-major program like ISU Red, we're screwed.

I don't see enough interest in Dave and his program to remotely compete in this landscape.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    If a non-star player like Skunberg from a terrible conference like the Summit gets that offer from a middling mid-major program like ISU Red, we're screwed.

I don't see enough interest in Dave and his program to remotely compete in this landscape.
    Yeah if those numbers are true, the entire Summit is in trouble.

But turning things back to the transfer portal, would assume some of the names NDSU has been in contact with will be on campus this weekend or next (Spring Football Scrimmage). April 4-11 was a dead period for recruiting, so guessing you will see and hear about a lot more action coming out of NDSU and the Summit League with transfers in the coming days.

As I stated a few days ago, will be interesting to see if Jamir Price from MSUM ends up here. Luke Strege was his head coach in junior college. Another juco name to keep an eye on is Trevion Labeaux. He was a first team All-American at Indian Hills this past year. That is where Josh Sash is the head coach. He's a 6-5 wing player who led them in scoring. Indian Hills is one of the top-5 junior college programs in the country and they made it to the semi's of the DI nationals this year. Bison have some interest in him.

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    Yeah if those numbers are true, the entire Summit is in trouble.

But turning things back to the transfer portal, would assume some of the names NDSU has been in contact with will be on campus this weekend or next (Spring Football Scrimmage). April 4-11 was a dead period for recruiting, so guessing you will see and hear about a lot more action coming out of NDSU and the Summit League with transfers in the coming days.

As I stated a few days ago, will be interesting to see if Jamir Price from MSUM ends up here. Luke Strege was his head coach in junior college. Another juco name to keep an eye on is Trevion Labeaux. He was a first team All-American at Indian Hills this past year. That is where Josh Sash is the head coach. He's a 6-5 wing player who led them in scoring. Indian Hills is one of the top-5 junior college programs in the country and they made it to the semi's of the DI nationals this year. Bison have some interest in him.
    Yep. When you only need 5 good players, it's easy to pool money. It's not football where you have 120, all playing a role

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’ve had a company vehicle for the last 15 years. Any personal use is taxed at the federal rate; I believe that’s about $.65/mile right now. I would assume 100% of the miles in this particular situation was a taxable.