Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal - 2024

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal - 2024

Indiana State had a great run this year with a young teen that was returning every starter. They blew a 7 point lead with 3 minutes left in the NIT championship game last Friday. The coach took another job at SLU on Friday, and as of today all 5 starters have entered the transfer portal. Their 6th man has used his eligibility. Their new coach will have to start over with a completely new team.

Good for the coach and players but not good for college basketball. Another rumor was the coach was first offered the job at Louisville but turned it down. They sounds ridiculous until you learn they have no players from last year currently on their roster.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Boden to ISU-red...kind of surprised by that one, was thinking he'd head for warmer weather than Normal, Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Boden to ISU-red...kind of surprised by that one, was thinking he'd head for warmer weather than Normal, Illinois.
    Interesting. Boden had 4 points and 4 turnovers against the Redbirds back in December. They were 15-17 last season.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

He thought Alabama or Duke would be calling. Guess not

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm a bit baffled what the point of transferring to Illinois State is. They aren't good and Normal, IL isn't very exciting.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm a bit baffled what the point of transferring to Illinois State is. They aren't good and Normal, IL isn't very exciting.
    Maybe he was looking for a culture change....
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Interesting. Boden had 4 points and 4 turnovers against the Redbirds back in December. They were 15-17 last season.
    Please tell me their coach has a stache.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    NDSU does start a home and home series with them this year so unless he went there just to stick it to Dave for one game I'm also baffled. Considering he reportedly had interest from places like FGCU, Hawaii, UCF, UNCW, Richmond, Duquesne, etc ISU just seems meh

NDSU does start a home and home series with them this year so unless he went there just to stick it to Dave for one game I'm also baffled. Considering he reportedly had interest from places like FGCU, Hawaii, UCF, UNCW, Richmond, Duquesne, etc ISU just seems meh
    would not blame him......
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Compared to Fargo, Normal is balmy. Yes, they'll get some cold and snow but similar to Indy their normal winter is like the one Fargo had this year. And BloNo is a pretty cool smaller city with a couple colleges and some pretty good industry (i.e. State Farm HQ). Plus it's close to Chicago and St. Louis. The MVC is not as good as it used to be, but he's still moving to a much better conference. Lots of reasons people pick the schools they transfer to. He may have a great relationship with a coach or player there. Good luck to him!