Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal - 2024

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal - 2024

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Will be interesting to see if Morgan lands at Minnesota.
    They might need some post depth, but right now may be short on availability of schollies. So may need to wait for some of their own roster to hit the Portal.
    With NIL, Scholarships cap becomes moot, no?

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    With NIL, Scholarships cap becomes moot, no?
    I’ve not noticed anything on that. Perhaps someone will put in some good examples. I saw a couple Bison football offers this fall accept PWO offers from P5 schools, so winkwink am sure they didn’t lose any $$ to having to pay their own scholarship.
    Not sure what the roster cap is in basketball? I believe it was 15. (with 13 scholarships)

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NEWS FLASH::::
    Ndsu Dr enters transfer portal. Has 2 offers. One as a tiddleewinks coach in Arthur and the other offer is with a cricket team in Boofooahoo, Egpt. He also has been offered 500 pesos in NIL money to bag sugar at Acs. Ndsu could opt to drop mbball and pick up a speedo cannonball nutcracker diving team with possible startup funds from Trumper.
    Last edited by bisoneer; 03-23-2024 at 03:58 PM.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Jacksen Moni - has now added an offer by Chattanooga since NDSU offered.
    Also the school up north has offered.

I sure hope the plan isn't to load up on division II and division III players. The Bison need some length and some shooters.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Just looked up Moni's stats at Northern State.

Learned a couple things. NSU was bad this year. Had forgotten that Travonn was an assistant there. They beat Trinity Bible College, so there's that.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    I sure hope the plan isn't to load up on division II and division III players. The Bison need some length and some shooters.
    Tend to agree but until our NIL collective fund balance increases significantly that’s all you will see. Until we change coaches and AD staff I am not going to increase what I am currently donating. More of you need to say this if you want a better program. Players transfer for more NIL money and/or if the locker room is cancerous.
    Last edited by bisoneer; 03-24-2024 at 06:25 PM.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Adds an offer from Austin Peay

I think the portal will make great coaches be even more valuable. Great coaches will have to adjust their scheme to their team every year to be successful as it’s seems like every year half the team will be new and will have different strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I haven’t watched any March Madness as it just seems like players and teams can be “purchased” which for me makes it NBA like. I watched on TV and even personally attended more high school basketball games this year.

I think the transfer portal has made this years ncaa tourney much more chalky than in the past as the high seeds are bringing it. Granted, there are some outliers and mid majors competing like Grand Canyon and James Madison (glad we had their number football and glad they went to FBS). The chalkiness is a credit to programs who have the eye and the team of staff that can succeed compared to our current mess for mens bball. Our NIL needs to ramp up so we can land 2 players in men’s and women’s teams every 2 years to get where we want to be. Need a new staff to rally the fans here to increase NIL for basketball. Remember that they had to get Erv out of retirement to stump for funding the BSA remodel. Had Saul stayed he could have done it to.
    Last edited by bisoneer; 03-25-2024 at 04:06 AM.
    Let's Go Bison!!!