Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal - 2024

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal - 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The good: he was VMI's leading scorer (15.1), leading assister (3.0), best 3pt shooter (37.0), and best FT shooter (87.0)
    The bad: VMI was 1-28 against D1 competition last year

Kind of an odd fit since backcourt is one of the positions of strength for NDSU with DWT, White, Miller, and Dissette all returning but I suppose, at worst, he can fill Waddles spot as the backup PG and, at best, he could be part of a 4 guard starting lineup although that would be a very small team with two of them at 6' or under (they list DWT at 6' which seems generous). Still a worthwhile pickup it appears.
    NDSU needed a scoring guard that can replace Waddles/Skunberg. I think that this fits that role nicely. Now Richman needs to get multiple big men signed through the portal. Getting both, or at least one of Hurlburt (Colorado) & Moni (Northern State) would be much needed for next season.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Attendance numbers: 2023 season - 1936; 2020 - 2676; 2014/15- 2512; 2010/11- 3305; 2000/01- 2365. No D2 numbers on Go bison below 1990 years .
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Attendance numbers: 2023 season - 1936; 2020 - 2676; 2014/15- 2512; 2010/11- 3305; 2000/01- 2365. No D2 numbers on Go bison below 1990 years .
    Idk what went wrong but it really did.

I naively figured the old BSA was holding back attendance and that once they upgraded Bison basketball would take off.

Only been to a couple games there (been living a long way from fargo for a long time), but it was pretty empty
    College of Business Alumnus

New remodeled BSA is very good, just don’t have a winning product on the floor and not enough effort to promote ticket sales. Need some family night specials and a winner. No reason Ndsu Men and Women are not in the top half of this conference annually.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Students never came back after being at Schools Arena.

Instead of picking up NAIA, Division III and Division II transfers in the transfer portal why not just recruit at that level? I don't understand why Richman is not trying to bring in some length from the transfer portal.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVifte View Post
    Students never came back after being at Schools Arena.
    I work on campus after a 33 year career for local government. I work out at the Wellness center and ask students there if they are going to the game tonight or whenever and most don’t even know who we are playing. Many did not know our women made the NIT. Coaches and players and teammakers need to be more visible and promote these sports more than they are.
    Last edited by bisoneer; 04-18-2024 at 09:29 PM.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

This VMI kid looks like he has some potential. I don't think even Dave can bury this kid at the of the bench where his transfers usually end up. Hopefully he's finally figured out that he had to recruit for a D1 program and not a D2 program.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    This VMI kid looks like he has some potential. I don't think even Dave can bury this kid at the of the bench where his transfers usually end up. Hopefully he's finally figured out that he had to recruit for a D1 program and not a D2 program.
    Not so fast my friend......

If Watkins---doesn't play defense ---it won't matter if he can score----ask Waddles

At least he won't talk back to Richy (coming from VMI---I'm assuming he's respectful) like Skunberg and get suspended multiple times

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Not so fast my friend......

If Watkins---doesn't play defense ---it won't matter if he can score----ask Waddles

At least he won't talk back to Richy (coming from VMI---I'm assuming he's respectful) like Skunberg and get suspended multiple times
    Is that why he got suspended or was it because he was selfish and a horrible teammate? Just curious...