Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal - 2024

Default Re: Transfer Portal - 2024

MSUM's Jamir Price just entered the transfer portal. Was first team all NSIC and the Newcomer of the Year in the conference. He transferred to MSUM from DI Cleveland State, but before that he spent two years at Mineral Area College where Bison Assistant Luke Strege was the head coach. This is pretty late for a DII guy to be jumping into the portal...have to think he already has a destination...would seem logical that NDSU is the place?

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    MSUM's Jamir Price just entered the transfer portal. Was first team all NSIC and the Newcomer of the Year in the conference. He transferred to MSUM from DI Cleveland State, but before that he spent two years at Mineral Area College where Bison Assistant Luke Strege was the head coach. This is pretty late for a DII guy to be jumping into the portal...have to think he already has a destination...would seem logical that NDSU is the place?
    Interesting background you came up with there!
    I was curious and checked yesterday on his stats - was hoping to see good 3 point % but it wasn’t (<30%) - but if in need of depth at ball handling/playmaking perhaps???
    Looks like one year remaining, perhaps two if he gets that FR year back from Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Interesting background you came up with there!
    I was curious and checked yesterday on his stats - was hoping to see good 3 point % but it wasn’t (<30%) - but if in need of depth at ball handling/playmaking perhaps???
    Looks like one year remaining, perhaps two if he gets that FR year back from Covid.
    Yeah did not shoot the three well last year, but in JUCO was a 44% 3-pt shooter his sophomore year. Here is a link to his highlight video and he has a nice stroke...so maybe just a down year shooting it. Also, he is very good at getting to the rim and has some nifty finishes around the rim. Have noticed in the guys NDSU has been mentioned with in the portal (Durr, Prophet Johnson, etc.) at guard, they are looking for someone that can get to the rim and finish...that was something missing from the perimeter last year.

https://x.com/JaMirPrice3/status/1503845437954039810

Finally...here is an interesting statement from Coach Strege when he was at Mineral Area about Price. Quote "High level guard. High level student (Academic All-American!). Highest level character. Winner. Program culture changer."

Mineral Area was 48-8 during Price's time there...also he obviously helped the Dragons to a big season...not only a good player, but seems like a winner.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

2 fouls broz. Indy Bison reffing?

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Uconn big man with 2 fouls

Lardsin must go!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sam Hastreiter to MSUM....would have to think his brother Jack may follow. Should be a great fit for Sam, he could be a decent D1 role player but he's got a chance to be really good at a lower level and maybe even find himself back up at D1 if he crushes it.

Calipari leaving Kentucky!?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Calipari leaving Kentucky!?
    And Richman to Kentucky.... it's all coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    And Richman to Kentucky.... it's all coming together.
    To clean stables at Churchill Downs
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Looks like Morgan has committed to Nebraska.