Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal - 2024

Default Re: Transfer Portal - 2024

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    I’ve had a company vehicle for the last 15 years. Any personal use is taxed at the federal rate; I believe that’s about $.65/mile right now. I would assume 100% of the miles in this particular situation was a taxable.
    I’ve had a company vehicle for years never paid anything for personal miles
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    Yeah if those numbers are true, the entire Summit is in trouble.

But turning things back to the transfer portal, would assume some of the names NDSU has been in contact with will be on campus this weekend or next (Spring Football Scrimmage). April 4-11 was a dead period for recruiting, so guessing you will see and hear about a lot more action coming out of NDSU and the Summit League with transfers in the coming days.

As I stated a few days ago, will be interesting to see if Jamir Price from MSUM ends up here. Luke Strege was his head coach in junior college. Another juco name to keep an eye on is Trevion Labeaux. He was a first team All-American at Indian Hills this past year. That is where Josh Sash is the head coach. He's a 6-5 wing player who led them in scoring. Indian Hills is one of the top-5 junior college programs in the country and they made it to the semi's of the DI nationals this year. Bison have some interest in him.
    Let just be truthful ndsu basketball has never had a great backing from fans
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Lets take a flyer on 6'10 Backup Center Frederick King from Creighton. 2 years eligible.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Talking Re: Transfer Portal - 2024

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I’ve had a company vehicle for years never paid anything for personal miles
    The feds will be coming for you soon.😉

In all seriousness, all personal miles are taxable and your commute to and from the office is technically considered personal so there should be some miles claimed as personal. Typically we have our employees fill out a log book the first year of having a company vehicle to get a sense of personal vs. company miles and than use those percentages moving forward. It typically results in somewhere between $4K and $6K of additional compensation on the tax documents.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Let just be truthful ndsu basketball has never had a great backing from fans
    Which came first - the chicken or the egg? If we saw a winning season or a trip to the Big Dance, (which we have in some years past for the men), we would see more fans out there.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Which came first - the chicken or the egg? If we saw a winning season or a trip to the Big Dance, (which we have in some years past for the men), we would see more fans out there.
    It never happened after we danced either…. Did we see a few more fans yes… was it a amazing basketball crowd be honest nope
    The 2020 team was imo the best ndsu basketball team ever …. They didn’t get to dance and it had nothing to do with coaching or winning…. Is that so long ago you can’t remember.
    TRUST THE PROCESS

It never happened after we danced either…. Did we see a few more fans yes… was it a amazing basketball crowd be honest nope
    The 2020 team was imo the best ndsu basketball team ever …. They didn’t get to dance and it had nothing to do with coaching or winning…. Is that so long ago you can’t remember.
    When the pattern is to go the dance every 5 years, it isn't going to motivate casual fans to pony up in between. It is going to become even more random now with the transfer portal. At least before it was develop some cohesion and maturity and take a run at the summit tournament. Now, it will be who has the most talented freshmen and sophomores. It won't be 23 point losses to Duke when the Bison make it either. It will look much worse.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

You have to be joking right? That team would have lossed to the 2014 team by 20!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    You have to be joking right? That team would have lossed to the 2014 team by 20!
    No I think your crazy
    Vinnie, Tyson, Rocky and company were dam good

I see your takes all the time and giggle
    TRUST THE PROCESS

No I think your crazy
    Vinnie, Tyson, Rocky and company were dam good

I see your takes all the time and giggle
    Likewise on yours.