Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal - 2024

Default Re: Transfer Portal - 2024

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I have no doubt he'll find transfers to fill the gaps, my issue is he doesn't take chances on snagging some D1 kids that either went P6 and couldn't hack it or are even just leaving other mid major programs due to fit, he always just pulls from lower levels. Worked with Vinny, Jacari was a nice find and in my opinion worked with Burke even though he wouldn't play him which is a whole other issue. But he's had way more misses than hits going that route over the years.
    Really outside of Vinnie and Jacairi he has had zero hits. Seems like he is afraid to try to coach up a player that may be a bit rough around the edges, which is a risk you will have to take at times.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would like to see the wheel handed over to Luke Strege the asst coach. Like his demeanor with the players and always seems to be coaching up and instructing players. Instead of yelling or pouting on the sideline. Trust me I am old enough to where I respond to a coach in my face but most players do not today.
    Strege is awesome, big fan of his, I'm not sure with his family situation he'd want the head job at this point but boy having Kyan as the head guy and Strege as an assistant would be one helluva combination. That'd be my dream right about now.

Strege is awesome, big fan of his, I'm not sure with his family situation he'd want the head job at this point but boy having Kyan as the head guy and Strege as an assistant would be one helluva combination. That'd be my dream right about now.
    No
    Open it up
    Let’s catch lightening in a bottle if we are gonna change let’s change
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As of right now, if we can retain the rest of the roster and then grab a little depth in the portal, I'd really like what we have coming back. Losing Morgs would hurt a lot but with Feddersen and the incoming freshman Anderson we could survive by adding another big in the portal. Should be an interesting next 30 days that's for sure.
    I've seen this statement from a couple people... "if we retain the rest of our roster... we'll be good next year." Bison Report has said something similar. This team has won like 25 d1 games the last two years. Multiple games under .500. Have seen very little development from players (freshman to sophomores). What is everyone seeing that makes you say "I think we'll be pretty good."

I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    No
    Open it up
    Let’s catch lightening in a bottle if we are gonna change let’s change
    This. Time for a total reboot. Get someone with some energy who actually tries to win regular season games.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

So a group I'm in on X found a site that tracks portal contacts and interest, in typical Dave fashion NDSU has contacted 6 portal entrants so far 5 of which are non-D1 players and the 1 who was is from Cal Poly. I'm not entirely sure how accurate it is but would seem as usual Dave isn't trying to find D1 players from other schools and instead is trying to go the D2/D3/Juco route...so frustrating.
    Well hes making his own bed. If he doesnt adjust he wont be the NDSU coach in a few years.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I've seen this statement from a couple people... "if we retain the rest of our roster... we'll be good next year." Bison Report has said something similar. This team has won like 25 d1 games the last two years. Multiple games under .500. Have seen very little development from players (freshman to sophomores). What is everyone seeing that makes you say "I think we'll be pretty good."

I just don't see it.
    I've heard some rumors there were some locker room issues that Boden was at the middle of. I think Talent wise, the starting 5 of DWT, Jacari, Tajavis, Feddy and Morgs is really solid and Burke and Dissette off the bench will bring tons of energy. I like our freshman coming in but they'll be freshman so if we can add a couple of good veteran portal guys to mix with that top 7 and get the locker room back in order I think we would have a roster that could be great. Of course as is being discussed there's still the person coaching that roster but players wise I'd like where we would be at.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Joe Hurlburt R-FR 6'11 235 Colorado I heard there is a chance he transfers and would consider NDSU

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've heard some rumors there were some locker room issues that Boden was at the middle of. I think Talent wise, the starting 5 of DWT, Jacari, Tajavis, Feddy and Morgs is really solid and Burke and Dissette off the bench will bring tons of energy. I like our freshman coming in but they'll be freshman so if we can add a couple of good veteran portal guys to mix with that top 7 and get the locker room back in order I think we would have a roster that could be great. Of course as is being discussed there's still the person coaching that roster but players wise I'd like where we would be at.
    We hear this every year. The truth is if Richman could fill the entire roster with McDonald's all-Americans, he'd still find a way to leave opponents wide open for 3's and leave lanes wide enough for a bus to drive through. While offensively still manage to get trapped into full court presses, then dribble into jams only to pass out for a desperation three.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Joe Hurlburt R-FR 6'11 235 Colorado I heard there is a chance he transfers and would consider NDSU
    That would be cool, especially if Morgan decides to enter the Transfer Portal.
    Hurlburt has only played in 10 games this season, 2.6 minutes per game.
    Has he been hurt?
    Colorado just beat Boise State in a first four NCAA game.

Another name you remind me of is Jacksen Moni of Northern State.
    Does the 6’ 10” senior to be finish his career in Aberdeen, or does he now enter the Portal??? The Sheyenne High School product averaged 21.8 ppg, 8.1 rpg.
    I see where NSU’s 2nd leading scorer, 6’ 4” Josh Dilling, has already hit the Portal. About 18.7 ppg and what is eye catching is the 46% shooting from 3 lane. Looks like he has one year of eligibility left.