Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal - 2024

Default Re: Transfer Portal - 2024

Jacksen Moni
    @Moni24Jacksen
    ·6h

After a great conversation with Coach Crutchfield and Coach Brown, I’m blessed to receive an offer from the University of Nebraska Omaha
    Former Bison assistant coach Kyan Brown

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    With NIL, Scholarships cap becomes moot, no?
    Incorrect, teams still have to follow the 15 player max with 13 scholarships max. Players cannot receive NIL funds unless they are a signed roster player. The roster rules did not change at all with the NIL situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    That would be cool, especially if Morgan decides to enter the Transfer Portal.
    Hurlburt has only played in 10 games this season, 2.6 minutes per game.
    Has he been hurt?
    Colorado just beat Boise State in a first four NCAA game.

Another name you remind me of is Jacksen Moni of Northern State.
    Does the 6’ 10” senior to be finish his career in Aberdeen, or does he now enter the Portal??? The Sheyenne High School product averaged 21.8 ppg, 8.1 rpg.
    I see where NSU’s 2nd leading scorer, 6’ 4” Josh Dilling, has already hit the Portal. About 18.7 ppg and what is eye catching is the 46% shooting from 3 lane. Looks like he has one year of eligibility left.
    Josh Dilling, Moni’s teammate with the 46% 3 shooting, has now
    been offered by Idaho. Northern Kentucky has also offered.

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Incorrect, teams still have to follow the 15 player max with 13 scholarships max. Players cannot receive NIL funds unless they are a signed roster player. The roster rules did not change at all with the NIL situation.
    But, you can have every roster player on NIL which essentially makes the "13 scholarships max" moot. Unless I am misunderstanding something?

I was envisioning football with my analogy with max scholarships of 63 FCS or 85 FBS

Will be interesting to see if Morgan lands at Minnesota.
    They might need some post depth, but right now may be short on availability of schollies. So may need to wait for some of their own roster to hit the Portal.

Darren Wolfson
    @DWolfsonKSTP
    ·48m

Former Waseca HS and NDSU stud 6-foot-10 big Andrew Morgan will visit the #Gophers on Thursday, I’m told. Coming off career year that saw him earn second-team All-Summit League.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    But, you can have every roster player on NIL which essentially makes the "13 scholarships max" moot. Unless I am misunderstanding something?

I was envisioning football with my analogy with max scholarships of 63 FCS or 85 FBS
    Still can only have 15 players max on a roster, so I guess you could have 2 players just getting paid NIL dollars and having to pay their own way for school but with as competitive as the NIL bidding can get and most of these larger schools probably at somewhere between $30-50K/year tuition that'd be a BIG junk out of your NIL to pay yourself. I'd be willing to bet the vast majority if not all teams are only giving NIL to the 13 roster spots. Maybe extend some if you PWO's as the 14 & 15 guys but typically they are just walk-ons used as practice players.

Josh Dilling, Moni’s teammate with the 46% 3 shooting, has now
    been offered by Idaho. Northern Kentucky has also offered.
    Montana State follows with an offer

A program like NDSU has to play the portal game hard in my opinion (If they want to be good again). The high school guys that we develop into studs will now move on and there's always a good chance that guys recruited from outside the Midwest may eventually move on. Try find some overlooked Dexter Werner type bodies, in the portal, that will beat the shit out of the big slow post players. Now, if our 6'11" guys we get to sign here out of high school develop into a good or even functional player, they gone. Finding 6'11" diamonds in the rough and developing them into quality Bison, is now finding diamonds in the rough and developing them for other teams (Grant Nelson, Morgan). Replace the 6'11" skinny guy out of high school with portal low post bruisers.
    Also, find the guys that shoot the 3 from division II if you have to (Dilling from Northern St).

Jacksen Moni adds offers from the Missouri Valley Conference -
    Bradley and Illinois State.
    Previous offers include NDSU, Omaha, Chattanooga, Austin Peay, Fighting Hawks

NDSU Portal Contacts.jpg

I subscribed to this site called the Portal Report which basically just arranges data that's out there and public. Here's the list of players in the portal that NDSU has reached out to according to their data. Not surprisingly in typical Dave fashion, not many D1 guys but more than in the past