Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vs ORU

Default Re: Vs ORU

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    I am highly biased but this reffing in the Summit league is not good. Too many tic tack fouls.
    As a spectator, I will never get on the players at the college level or below. However, officials beyond high school deserve to hear it when they screw up or are bad at their jobs. The short brown haired lady and her blonde pony tailed partner and the guy with them are bad beyond belief. They were in the SHAC two or three times and my daughter gave me looks when I gave them friendly reminders about their mistakes.

Very impressive turnaround of the program after years of DeHoff/Walseth cellar dwelling. I applaud everything the team has accomplished the last couple years…beating Kansas, beating Minnesota, earning a championship game appearance. Life and interest has returned to the program. Have confidence that tomorrow can push the envelope of history.

Historic win. Advancing to the title game for the first time. Need to keep Elle out of foul trouble to have a chance tomorrow. Fortunate today that is was always a perpetual 10 point lead so Jory didn’t need to put her in because they absolutely needed her. This team is fun to watch; everyone contributes. One more to go dancing!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    As a spectator, I will never get on the players at the college level or below. However, officials beyond high school deserve to hear it when they screw up or are bad at their jobs. The short brown haired lady and her blonde pony tailed partner and the guy with them are bad beyond belief. They were in the SHAC two or three times and my daughter gave me looks when I gave them friendly reminders about their mistakes.
    I do understand that refereeing is having a tough time getting people to fill their ranks . Having people scream at them for their calls or lack of calls doesn't sound rewarding. Hopefully, they can learn from their mistakes .

bisoneer is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nice win and congratulations ladies and coaches! Work hard on D tomorrow and hit your shots for the win vs the bunnies. Don’t miss the bunny shots in this one especially!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

I need a little help here.
    We haven't beaten the Jacks since 2015. Was that the game in Brookings when Whitney Trecker was injured and didn't dress? I was sitting behind the bench that night. Am I thinking of the correct game? Anyone have a better memory?

We beat the rabbits at home. The hockey arena home.

533 In a row

I do understand that refereeing is having a tough time getting people to fill their ranks . Having people scream at them for their calls or lack of calls doesn't sound rewarding. Hopefully, they can learn from their mistakes .
    "Screaming at them" is a pretty strong phrase. To me that sounds hateful and angry. While I may not like a call, I wouldn't say I'm hateful or angry. Nagging them might be a better phrase. Yelling loud enough so they hear and asking how the ref farthest away looking though 6 people can make a call when the one right by it didn't blow the whistle is hardly threatening, but I hope it does make them think you know, maybe I didn't see what I thought I saw.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

"If you don't like heat, stay out of the kitchen" applies to being a referee, and learning from their mistakes should for the most part happen before they are officiating at collegiate level.
    Now that's not excusing fans behaving like asses, but it's expected that missed/errant calls will be objected to a certain level.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    "If you don't like heat, stay out of the kitchen" applies to being a referee, and learning from their mistakes should for the most part happen before they are officiating at collegiate level.
    Now that's not excusing fans behaving like asses, but it's expected that missed/errant calls will be objected to a certain level.
    Yeah like the old saying goes. Throw stones at people from stony brook eh.

Lardsin must go!