Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: GDT: vs St Thomas 1st Rnd SLT

Default Re: GDT: vs St Thomas 1st Rnd SLT

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Still disagree with you here (respectfully). I don’t think our talent matches up with MSU-Mankato or UM-Duluth. I don’t think we have a D1 roster. This season was an abject failure all around and there needs to be consequences for that. Can’t wait to choose between UND and SDSU on Tuesday night. FML.
    I agree, this team would not have been in the top 3 or 4 in the NSIC. Mankato, Duluth, and MSUM would be consistent competitors in the Summit League. You can't say the same for NDSU basketball in the NSIC.

I'm not a fan of Dave, but I don't see him leaving as long as Larsen's AD

Still disagree with you here (respectfully). I don’t think our talent matches up with MSU-Mankato or UM-Duluth. I don’t think we have a D1 roster. This season was an abject failure all around and there needs to be consequences for that. Can’t wait to choose between UND and SDSU on Tuesday night. FML.
    Omaha hits a floater with 3 sec left to win lol

Or maybe Im overestimating our "talent". You may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Dave's not horrible. We exist in a backwater conference so he's probably what we should expect, but it's hard not to want more or something different.

Program tried some new outreach stuff this year, but kinda too little too late and back to back disappointing seasons.
    This made me look into DWT's stats, and you're right. I edited my previous post where I said he regressed.

Oops, meant to quote your DWT post.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

This has been a theme over the Richman era but who improved over the course of the season or from last season?

Morgan: yes
    White: maybe
    Skunberg: regressed
    Miller: definitely regressed
    DWT: about the same at best
    Waddles: regressed

Players just aren't developing - that's a real bad thing at a mid-major program where you're not going to consistently get difference makers right out of high school and, if you do, they aren't going to stick around very long.

From a "number of minutes returning from last year" perspective this team was amongst the tops in the nation and they took a big step backwards - just a huge disappointment of a season.

The team lacks chemistry. Simple as that.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

DWT got off to strong start then seemed like he didnt get back to that point and was steady the whole season. I really hope he stays and he is a good true point guard. We need him as our 3rd/4th scoring option, not 1st or 2nd.

Dave really needs to try to get Sem from North. We need explosiveness and you cant let a good athlete in the backyard slip away to UND or somewhere else. With the way the portal is he can probably start from day 1. I hope we try to get a P6 transfer looking for more playing time, that we can sell as our go to guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    DWT got off to strong start then seemed like he didnt get back to that point and was steady the whole season. I really hope he stays and he is a good true point guard. We need him as our 3rd/4th scoring option, not 1st or 2nd.

Dave really needs to try to get Sem from North. We need explosiveness and you cant let a good athlete in the backyard slip away to UND or somewhere else. With the way the portal is he can probably start from day 1. I hope we try to get a P6 transfer looking for more playing time, that we can sell as our go to guy.
    NDSU will not touch Sem. He would be more of a detriment to the program and culture. There is a reason UND offered him and then pulled it back. He's trouble.
    COACH BOHL: We have a great, rich tradition at North Dakota State. The school has won eight National Championships in football. And so we've got a lot of pride, not only with these guys ‑‑ and D.J. alluded to it ‑‑ Bison pride. That goes all the way back to the '60s, I believe 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLover View Post
    NDSU will not touch Sem. He would be more of a detriment to the program and culture. There is a reason UND offered him and then pulled it back. He's trouble.
    There's being in trouble in the eyes of the juvenile court system (truancy, shoplifting, out past curfew) ; there's being in trouble in the eyes of the law (serious offenses); what's the deal with Sem? Grand theft auto, burglary, assault, pillaging, burning down churches and synagogues? What ???

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    There's being in trouble in the eyes of the juvenile court system (truancy, shoplifting, out past curfew) ; there's being in trouble in the eyes of the law (serious offenses); what's the deal with Sem? Grand theft auto, burglary, assault, pillaging, burning down churches and synagogues? What ???
    Lotta rumors on what happened. I think Sem ends up going the JUCO route and hopefully works his way back to a DII or DI scholly.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.