Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: GDT: vs St Thomas 1st Rnd SLT

Default Re: GDT: vs St Thomas 1st Rnd SLT

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Matt Larsen was told by a bunch of us at the tourney tonight that it is time for Dave to go.
    Which means Larsen is probably writing up an extension right now.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Aside from Jacri who on this team developed? I guess you could argue Fedderson, a redshirt freshman who flashed at times but other then that I'm not sure you can name one.

Hastreiter never saw the floor, Burke rarely played

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Aside from Jacri who on this team developed? I guess you could argue Fedderson, a redshirt freshman who flashed at times but other then that I'm not sure you can name one.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

This. DWT and Miller regressed. Diskette provided energy, but he's limited. Morgan and Skunberg were consistently inconsistent. We lack athletes.

Edit: I dove into DWT's stats for the last 2 seasons. Contrary to my statement above, he improved in most categories. Maybe I was expecting too much this year. There were some games I wanted him to show better leadership, but maybe that will come.
    Last edited by KSBisonFan; 03-11-2024 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Countered my opinion with facts.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Matt Larsen was told by a bunch of us at the tourney tonight that it is time for Dave to go.
    LOL. You and “Wells Fargo Private Client” yelling from the stands to fire Dave = Telling Larsen to fire Dave. That should do it. Good work fellas.

I love bison hoops, Dave has done some nice things but also leaves a lot to be desired..at the end of the day 15-17 and losing in the 1st round isnt going to cut it and it shouldn't. Where's the money gonna come from for the buy out of his contract. Not so sure I trust Larsen with the next hire anyway.
    I told Larsen he needs to fire Richman and then turn in his resignation.

Honestly I thought DWT improved from last year but has a ways to go and probably has a low ceiling. Very young player but was absolutely no scoring threat last year and improved quite a bit this year.

Fedderson was a boost this year but was a first year player.

That's all I got and it ain't much.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    This team should have been better and last year's team should have been much better as well. Talent is there, coaching is not.
    Still disagree with you here (respectfully). I don’t think our talent matches up with MSU-Mankato or UM-Duluth. I don’t think we have a D1 roster. This season was an abject failure all around and there needs to be consequences for that. Can’t wait to choose between UND and SDSU on Tuesday night. FML.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Record something like 25-34 the last two seasons against D1 teams. Zero signature wins (play in game doesn’t qualify for me). Little life to the program.

Dave's not horrible. We exist in a backwater conference so he's probably what we should expect, but it's hard not to want more or something different.

Program tried some new outreach stuff this year, but kinda too little too late and back to back disappointing seasons.