Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Proposed Rule Changes

Default Re: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    What's the point of having rules that aren't enforced? Even a delay of game penalty for taking time to tell a player what's wrong with their uniform might help. As for hair length, that can be troublesome since hair has a cultural and/or religious significance to some groups.
    When the prima donas start negatively effecting the outcome of the game because of rule violations then they will start following them.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Those do seem reasonable. I agree with Indy that they (refs) shouldn't have to be wardrobe police. Perhaps one warning per team to the coach, and unsportsmanlike fouls against the offending player after that. As with any unsportsmanlike, ejection after 2.
    There's no excuse for players not to look sharp and uniform. I'd be fine including hair length code as well. (coaches should already be doing that)
    If they wont follow the rules then hammer them. I cant believe the coaches would allow it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

What's the point of having rules that aren't enforced? Even a delay of game penalty for taking time to tell a player what's wrong with their uniform might help. As for hair length, that can be troublesome since hair has a cultural and/or religious significance to some groups.
    Can’t think of any religions where you must have long hair?? But at least in the NFL, hair is an extension of the uniform. Edgerin James used to have huge dreads, and one day someone tackled him and yanked out a few dreads in the process.
    Edge said it hurt so bad he cut his hair the next day lol.

Would loved for moestarts to yank around groniwski by his non existent dreads like a rag doll. But alas… no dreads..,. And we can never seem to play like a D1 team the last 6x we’ve played the rabbits
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Sikhs, Rastafarians (probably the most likely to play American football) and orthodox Jews aren't supposed to cut their hair. I think there may be some Native American cultures where men prefer long hair.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Can’t think of any religions where you must have long hair?? But at least in the NFL, hair is an extension of the uniform. Edgerin James used to have huge dreads, and one day someone tackled him and yanked out a few dreads in the process.
    Edge said it hurt so bad he cut his hair the next day lol.

Would loved for moestarts to yank around groniwski by his non existent dreads like a rag doll. But alas… no dreads..,. And we can never seem to play like a D1 team the last 6x we’ve played the rabbits
    It's OK to not be OK.

Sikhs, Rastafarians (probably the most likely to play American football) and orthodox Jews aren't supposed to cut their hair. I think there may be some Native American cultures where men prefer long hair.
    Yup.......Indian Reservations, mosques, and temples........all recruiting hotbeds of American football .

I'm no expert on African American culture, but I thought some people use dreads as a way of connecting with their ancestors. Long hair isn't for me as I've never had hair long enough to cover my collar, but diff'rent strokes or diff'rent folks.
    It's OK to not be OK.