Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Proposed Rule Changes

Default Re: Proposed Rule Changes

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    That's not the issue here. It's players who either tuck their jerseys up under their shoulder pads or have exposed back pads. The latter is actually dangerous and a player could fall on their back with the back pad perpendicular to the ground which could cause a spinal cord injury or internal organs. It's rare, but it has happened. Just tuck your jersey in and look like a football player. And don't make us be the fashion police. It's not hard. The latest trend is the dangling mouth pieces. Why?
    It's 2024 Indy!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There should be a universal expectation of conforming to a uniform code. These players are expected to represent their teams and not bring unwarranted attention to themselves by altering the intended uniform code. If they want to bring attention to themselves, the avenue for that is through outstanding performance on the court/field.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You have to notify the teams that the rules be enforced. The powers that be then inform the players. Then your equipment manager doest issue anything that is in violation of the rules. They you have coach reinforce the fact that you will dress appropriately and you will not alter the uniforms.

So you are saying the players are running the show? They are going to say piss on you aint following the rules?
    They are using legal equipment illegally so the equipment guy is giving them legal equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    There should be a universal expectation of conforming to a uniform code. These players are expected to represent their teams and not bring unwarranted attention to themselves by altering the intended uniform code. If they want to bring attention to themselves, the avenue for that is through outstanding performance on the court/field.
    This is what has been done for years, and it doesn't work. If we focused on uniform enforcement, we would be missing other things while also disrupting the flow of the game. We have more important things to worry about than checking uniforms every play. It's not dissimilar to the deflategate situation. Yes, there is a rule about the PSI of a legal ball. Yes, the officials check it before the game. Yes, each legal ball is marked, and that mark is generally checked when a new ball is brought in. But whether or not there is any change in PSI during the game is a very low priority as it should be. But someone decided to make an issue about it and then the guilty team lied about it and created a bigger issue. And fans lost their mind because the officials and the league were worried about something of minimal consequence.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

They are using legal equipment illegally so the equipment guy is giving them legal equipment. This is what has been done for years, and it doesn't work. If we focused on uniform enforcement, we would be missing other things while also disrupting the flow of the game. We have more important things to worry about than checking uniforms every play. It's not dissimilar to the deflategate situation. Yes, there is a rule about the PSI of a legal ball. Yes, the officials check it before the game. Yes, each legal ball is marked, and that mark is generally checked when a new ball is brought in. But whether or not there is any change in PSI during the game is a very low priority as it should be. But someone decided to make an issue about it and then the guilty team lied about it and created a bigger issue. And fans lost their mind because the officials and the league were worried about something of minimal consequence.

So the players have said fuck you we will do what we we want????? How about the team doesnt leave the locker room unless everyone is under compliance. Any player not in compliance on the field gets a technical? When the coaches figure that out the shit will stop.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

They are using legal equipment illegally so the equipment guy is giving them legal equipment. This is what has been done for years, and it doesn't work. If we focused on uniform enforcement, we would be missing other things while also disrupting the flow of the game. We have more important things to worry about than checking uniforms every play. It's not dissimilar to the deflategate situation. Yes, there is a rule about the PSI of a legal ball. Yes, the officials check it before the game. Yes, each legal ball is marked, and that mark is generally checked when a new ball is brought in. But whether or not there is any change in PSI during the game is a very low priority as it should be. But someone decided to make an issue about it and then the guilty team lied about it and created a bigger issue. And fans lost their mind because the officials and the league were worried about something of minimal consequence.

Ive never seen a flag thrown during a game on this. When it starts effecting the out comes things will change. Knowing nothing will happen and you have what you have.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I really like potentially adding the 2 min warning.

I don't necessarily have a major problem with any of these specific rules but one of the things I liked about college fb was it was a little unique compared to pro football. The 2 minute warning and clock stoppage after first downs were two key differences.

That said, I REALLY hope they never change the PI rule to be enforced like the pro rule.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Good points. Alot of games are already having the flow disrupted with tv timeouts and the like. But while we're at it, start penalizing for some of the after play celebrations, the one that I get really sick of seeing is when a player makes a first down and he has to jump up and make the first down signal for himself. I know, petty, but just do what NI4NI says and make yourself stand out through outstanding performance on the court/field.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I don't necessarily have a major problem with any of these specific rules but one of the things I liked about college fb was it was a little unique compared to pro football. The 2 minute warning and clock stoppage after first downs were two key differences.

That said, I REALLY hope they never change the PI rule to be enforced like the pro rule.
    Or adopt the NFL's booklet of things that are considered roughing the passer.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 03-04-2024 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post

Agreed. I actually liked that college was different from pro regarding the 2 min warning.