Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
I don't necessarily have a major problem with any of these specific rules but one of the things I liked about college fb was it was a little unique compared to pro football. The 2 minute warning and clock stoppage after first downs were two key differences.

That said, I REALLY hope they never change the PI rule to be enforced like the pro rule.
I don't believe there is any interest in extending the PI rules beyond the max of 15 yards. I agree that's the best approach for NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
Good points. Alot of games are already having the flow disrupted with tv timeouts and the like. But while we're at it, start penalizing for some of the after play celebrations, the one that I get really sick of seeing is when a player makes a first down and he has to jump up and make the first down signal for himself. I know, petty, but just do what NI4NI says and make yourself stand out through outstanding performance on the court/field.
It was something they wanted us to call a few years ago, but they want us to allow spontaneous celebrations that are quick and aren't targeted at an opponent (and don't involve simulating a weapon as we all remember). The quick first down signal is OK, but I still tell players to stop and get back to their huddle. Have fun but don't get over excited for a standard play.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk