Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boden Skunberg - 5th year of eligibility

Default Re: Boden Skunberg - 5th year of eligibility

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Stay here to see if he can go 19-11, 10-6 in conference and lose to the bunnies in Sioux Falls. Or... bet on himself and transfer to a solid mid major program who needs depth in order to make a tournament run. It's a pretty easy choice and is the same decision all our studs have made here in the last 5 years.
    Or even just go do something different. You only have so much eligibility to go get school paid for because you are good at a game. He gave 4 years to NDSU. Both parties should be happy.. Even in the pre-portal days, that's all you could ask for, getting 4 years out of a kid
    College of Business Alumnus

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to use that 5th year to try something different. I'm sure he'll graduate this spring, has spent his whole life in ND, you get a free year of school with room & board to go anywhere in the country he absolutely should take it. I don't think he's good enough to make a huge jump in level but I could see him fitting in with Timmy Miles out at SJSU in the Mountain West or any wide variety of other mid major schools in warmer climates. I also think he's taken a little step back as an all around player, he's not nearly as good defensively this year as he has been the last 2 years and at times he's very selfish on the offensive end and doesn't make the right plays. I think he's got a little bit of the lone senior mentality that it's his team and whatnot but he's not his best when trying to carry a team. I wish him nothing but the best but I don't think it's all embarrassing to the program for him to go elsewhere for year 5.

Getting blown out by both SD schools to close the regular season however, very embarrassing.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Skunberg should have walked away to a bigger fish type of team/conference last year.
    Last edited by bisoneer; 03-07-2024 at 01:17 PM.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

I figured Id check the forum out on some chatter about Skunberg in the portal and there is nothing. I havent checked the forum in awhile and cant believe how quiet basketball has got on here. Kind of sad to see how disinterested the fans have got with basketball. I can only assume Richman has something to do with that.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan Forever View Post
    I figured Id check the forum out on some chatter about Skunberg in the portal and there is nothing. I havent checked the forum in awhile and cant believe how quiet basketball has got on here. Kind of sad to see how disinterested the fans have got with basketball. I can only assume Richman has something to do with that.

Internal issues is how it was put to me by a former player...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

I saw this post on X and Boden reposted it on his feed. I'll miss Boden and I wish him well next season wherever he chooses to play. Go Bison!

https://x.com/247HSHoops/status/1768640678471368831?s=20
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    I saw this post on X and Boden reposted it on his feed. I'll miss Boden and I wish him well next season wherever he chooses to play. Go Bison!

https://x.com/247HSHoops/status/1768640678471368831?s=20
    He left it all out on the floor. Much respect.

But i thought he and richmon were like father/son?

does it really matter?? with the current sad state of affairs with the apathy from the uppers to be at NDSU its not really a care. Sadly its become a ho hum we did the best we can attitude and I can tell you lots of hardcore fans are seeing it and shit is shifting...flame away but its happening

#TRUSTTHEPROCESS
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    does it really matter?? with the current sad state of affairs with the apathy from the uppers to be at NDSU its not really a care. Sadly its become a ho hum we did the best we can attitude and I can tell you lots of hardcore fans are seeing it and shit is shifting...flame away but its happening

#TRUSTTHEPROCESS
    Haven't seen you in awhile. Welcome back tjbison.

The program is putting up with mediocre to average results. Saying "we did this in the tournament". Well we lost in the 1st round. SDSU has won 5 of the last 7 regular season titles? My math could be off. That's not acceptable. Stop accepting it.