Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GDT: USD Yotes in Verm

Default Re: GDT: USD Yotes in Verm

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I’d say if Morgan is getting used that badly in the post fronting him would end up worse
    Not if the backside guys does his job.

Can I just say though that I absolutely love the energy from Dissette. Every second on the floor they guys motor is running and is pure hype. I just really appreciate that kid's attitude. Kind of stuff to build a team around.

One quick comment about Thioune. He is a fundamentally solid post. Good example of what happens when a kid takes good coaching to heart. I love seeing excellent post play since its almost an forgotten thing in the modern game.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Morgan needs to play better defense before his man gets the ball. Body up and don't just let him receive the entry pass on the low block. We give teams whatever inside position they want. Make them work for position, FFS.
    I don't disagree....but that method is not the Richman way. Morgs does tend to get a lot of cheap fouls when jockeying for position on defense so there's always the thought that maybe he's not aggressive to avoid getting in foul trouble but it seems all season no matter who's in at the 5, we just let them catch the ball on the block and then try to make them shoot over the top of us, that is good ol Dave Richman defense. Works fine when guys only shoot 30-40% on those hook shots but Thioune wasn't missing, need to adjust but that would require adequate coaching.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    How about making some adjustments in-game to get them out of rythym?
    Taking timeouts and making in-game adjustments is a big ask.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

I switched the women's game onto the TV and moved the men's game to my phone. I turned it off fairly soon in the 2nd half because it was obvious they weren't going to stop them at all all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Why??? This year it really doesn't matter what your SLT seed is with no really good or really bad teams in the league. About the only thing that would be nice is to be on the opposite side of St Thomas since that would mean 2 wins could get you to the dance if they make the championship game from the other side since they're ineligible.

As for this game I quit watching at the under 12 timeout of the 2nd half but it was just an awful defensive effort top to bottom. Not staying attached to their shooters and then not closing out under control along with the terrible ball screen defense (as usual) meant USD could penetrate and break down the defense at will. On top of that their big guy couldn't miss in the first half when they built their lead despite some pretty awful post footwork. USD had 2 freaking turnovers for the entire game - that's just a pitiful defensive effort.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Not if the backside guys does his job.
    Fronting is a tougher defensive position
    I’m sorry but it depends on more the the backside help
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Fronting is a tougher defensive position
    I’m sorry but it depends on more the the backside help
    We will have to disagree. Could not take have gotten owned more. You front and make sure the backside defender attacks the lob. Yep there are risks, but last night was horse crap strategy.