Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Fighting Hawks

Default Re: GDT: Fighting Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Exactly !!! Damn that NIL/Portal. How many more wins with GNelson in the lineup? Instead of 15-14, what would the Bison have for wins? 5 more, 6 more, 7 or 8?? 21 - 8, 22 -7, maybe 23 - 6. Who in the hell knows, but it sure would have been a fun year...........
    Ahh yes, since we’re the only school that has to deal with the transfer portal you have a great point
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Some of you are a lost cause. If we lose to und, its the worst loss in history and you want torches marching to the Shac to demand Richman be fired. When we beat und when they are tied for first, its no big deal. Cant you just appreciate that we had a big win, vs our instate rival, who is ahead of us in the standings, and that we are playing our best basketball right now; like we do every freakin year right about now?!
    I appreciate all of our big wins. When they happened 10+ years ago
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

It was a good win I guess in terms of conference standings, if we don't take care business in the next two games though it will lose most of its luster.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Are we supposed to be impressed that we split with UND? Is that where the expectations of our basketball program have gotten?

Sheesh. Gonna throw candy at him every time we win a game?
    What's your specific expectations? is there a program to compare that you think we should be at their level year in and year out?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    What's your specific expectations? is there a program to compare that you think we should be at their level year in and year out?
    SDSU would be a good start. I remember when we used to eat their lunch twice a year. Anything better than thumping our chest for a comeback win vs a hockey school at home would be great.

Look at our yearly national rankings. Pick your metric. We have gotten incredibly better facilities while our program has backslid.

Would love to see us in the low 100’s consistently with some forays into the 60s-100s. Lord knows we have the athletic budget for it. Apparently SDSU does.
    *one day later*

Ahh yes, since we’re the only school that has to deal with the transfer portal you have a great point
    All I said was that the Bison would have 5,6, maybe 7 or 8 more wins with GN. And, it would have been a really fun year with GN in the lineup. Whatever the fuck else want to read into it, that's up you . I do not care.

[QUOTE=NDSU92;1660258]SDSU would be a good start. I remember when we used to eat their lunch twice a year. Anything better than thumping our chest for a comeback win vs a hockey school at home would be great.

Look at our yearly national rankings. Pick your metric. We have gotten incredibly better facilities while our program has backslid.

Would love to see us in the low 100’s consistently with some forays into the 60s-100s. Lord knows we have the athletic budget for it. Apparently SDSU does.[/QUOTE

Totally agree with everything you said.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

SDSU would be a good start. I remember when we used to eat their lunch twice a year. Anything better than thumping our chest for a comeback win vs a hockey school at home would be great.

Would love to see us in the low 100’s consistently with some forays into the 60s-100s. Lord knows we have the athletic budget for it. Apparently SDSU does.
    Comes down to spending priorities though.

Take the money from the Alston payments, and could probably have kept Grant Nelson, and maybe a new coach too.

I like basketball, and would probably care more if NDSU acted like they do. But priorities are clearly elsewhere. That's a shame because good basketball would make us a lot more attractive to other conferences also, including MAC and MWC.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    The Richman hatters are suddenly silent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Some of you are a lost cause. If we lose to und, its the worst loss in history and you want torches marching to the Shac to demand Richman be fired. When we beat und when they are tied for first, its no big deal. Cant you just appreciate that we had a big win, vs our instate rival, who is ahead of us in the standings, and that we are playing our best basketball right now; like we do every freakin year right about now?!

These have aged horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It was a good win I guess in terms of conference standings, if we don't take care business in the next two games though it will lose most of its luster.
    Safe to say it has lost its luster.......