Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Fighting Hawks

Default Re: GDT: Fighting Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So NDSU is in the low 200s and 300s in all the defensive efficiency ratings because of dumb luck??? Because DWT is a defensive demon, White is routinely put on the opponents best offensive wing/guard, and Skunberg got his minutes early in his career because of his defense. The post is mainly where NDSU's defense has fallen flat this year. No rim protector and poor pick and roll defense from Fedderson and Morgan. If Fedderson is supposedly this good defensively they should be a lot better than 15-14 overall given their schedule and the state of the Summit League this year.
    I'm at the games. Man on man in the post Fedderson has consistently walld up and turned away players. It's impressive. How well he stretches out to defend ball screens I guess I'm not exactly sure, but he is an outstanding post defender especially considering he's only a freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    In Massey we’re #225, UND is #231. The Summit is worse than last year when sagarin ratings were current. We are not going the right direction.

Every time we eke out some win against a mediocre program, one of the couple last Richman supporters pops off with a dumb comment.
    So this year UND is a comparable opponent I'd say. With NDSU trending upward in the later half of the year. Pretty typical of a Richman team. I get the frustration on the inability to build up year over year. Difficult at this level. Imagine this team with Nelson on it.... hard to completely blame Richman.

Some of you are a lost cause. If we lose to und, its the worst loss in history and you want torches marching to the Shac to demand Richman be fired. When we beat und when they are tied for first, its no big deal. Cant you just appreciate that we had a big win, vs our instate rival, who is ahead of us in the standings, and that we are playing our best basketball right now; like we do every freakin year right about now?!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Some of you are a lost cause. If we lose to und, its the worst loss in history and you want torches marching to the Shac to demand Richman be fired. When we beat und when they are tied for first, its no big deal. Cant you just appreciate that we had a big win, vs our instate rival, who is ahead of us in the standings, and that we are playing our best basketball right now; like we do every freakin year right about now?!
    Personally I’m super excited about the chance at a 16 seed in the NCAAs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    So this year UND is a comparable opponent I'd say. With NDSU trending upward in the later half of the year. Pretty typical of a Richman team. I get the frustration on the inability to build up year over year. Difficult at this level. Imagine this team with Nelson on it.... hard to completely blame Richman.
    Exactly !!! Damn that NIL/Portal. How many more wins with GNelson in the lineup? Instead of 15-14, what would the Bison have for wins? 5 more, 6 more, 7 or 8?? 21 - 8, 22 -7, maybe 23 - 6. Who in the hell knows, but it sure would have been a fun year...........

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Here is a 10 dollar Sammy from the gameAttachment 10476Attachment 10476
    This is why I dont recommend eating at sporting events unless its a pretzel or nachos. Just gonna be disappointed
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Exactly !!! Damn that NIL/Portal. How many more wins with GNelson in the lineup? Instead of 15-14, what would the Bison have for wins? 5 more, 6 more, 7 or 8?? 21 - 8, 22 -7, maybe 23 - 6. Who in the hell knows, but it sure would have been a fun year...........
    The portal sucks. Benefits the big boys as the small schools find and develop players and then they snatch them up with big dollars. Support the Green and the Gold collective! It won’t keep everyone, but it still makes a difference. Imagine if these players were still in the league with these schools and didn’t transfer:

NDSU: Grant Nelson
    SDSU: Baylor Scheierman
    ORU: Max Abmus, Connor Vanover
    St. Thomas: Andrew Rohde
    UND: Phillip Rebraca
    Last edited by Bison03; 02-26-2024 at 01:23 AM.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Personally I’m super excited about the chance at a 16 seed in the NCAAs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would be good with them on a play in game at Dayton...90 minute drive for me! Saw the game in 2019. Indy is hosting the first round also.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Here is a 10 dollar Sammy from the gameAttachment 10476Attachment 10476
    Wow!! That's one sandwich that I think I can live without; maybe it was the lighting that made that thing look so disgusting. Anyway, Bon Appetit !!!!!

AlumniGreen is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Speaking of referees, they sure got a workout Saturday.