Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: Fighting Hawks

Default Re: GDT: Fighting Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    He's really good on the offensive end, especially for a redshirt frosh big man, but he is bad defensively. Very slow and unable to hold his ground in the post against a skilled big from what I've seen. He would get destroyed by higher level bigs I think - the good news is he can improve on that with work with Coach Miller. He's no Grant Nelson but he's about as good of a replacement as we could've hoped for.
    Well this late me know your opinions on the round ball is worthy of laughs at best
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    The Richman hatters are suddenly silent.
    Are we supposed to be impressed that we split with UND? Is that where the expectations of our basketball program have gotten?

Sheesh. Gonna throw candy at him every time we win a game?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Are we supposed to be impressed that we split with UND? Is that where the expectations of our basketball program have gotten?

Sheesh. Gonna throw candy at him every time we win a game?
    UND is a decent summit League team this year. You sound kinda out of touch with that comment.

Prior years, yeah.... they've sucked shit.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Well this late me know your opinions on the round ball is worthy of laughs at best
    Fedderson is an excellent low post defender has walled up and shut down summit League bigs consistently all season. I'm pretty confident with this assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    UND is a decent summit League team this year. You sound kinda out of touch with that comment.

Prior years, yeah.... they've sucked shit.
    http://sagarin.com/sports/cbsend.htm
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    What am I supposed to look at? I've been to both games this year in person and UND was 2nd in the league. They are a decent team this year.

I agree the away game was a missed opportunity but definitely not the worst of the year.

What am I supposed to look at? I've been to both games this year in person and UND was 2nd in the league. They are a decent team this year.

I agree the away game was a missed opportunity but definitely not the worst of the year.
    In Massey we’re #225, UND is #231. The Summit is worse than last year when sagarin ratings were current. We are not going the right direction.

Every time we eke out some win against a mediocre program, one of the couple last Richman supporters pops off with a dumb comment.
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Fedderson is an excellent low post defender has walled up and shut down summit League bigs consistently all season. I'm pretty confident with this assessment.
    So NDSU is in the low 200s and 300s in all the defensive efficiency ratings because of dumb luck??? Because DWT is a defensive demon, White is routinely put on the opponents best offensive wing/guard, and Skunberg got his minutes early in his career because of his defense. The post is mainly where NDSU's defense has fallen flat this year. No rim protector and poor pick and roll defense from Fedderson and Morgan. If Fedderson is supposedly this good defensively they should be a lot better than 15-14 overall given their schedule and the state of the Summit League this year.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    The Richman hatters are suddenly silent.
    You have to be kidding me. A regular season home W against UND is our biggest victory of the year. Makes me hate the coaching situation more than I already did.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    You have to be kidding me. A regular season home W against UND is our biggest victory of the year. Makes me hate the coaching situation more than I already did.
    Don’t agree with the Fighting Hawks being the biggest victory comment.
    A quick look at the link provided above shows San Jose State would be the highest rated team. Portland, Montana and the Jackrabbits among the better wins.

The Denver loss was the most painful to me, was very tough to listen to while driving home to Fargo. All in all a disappointing season. But they are playing better towards the end here. 5-1 since the el forko grande loss.