Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

Default Re: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'm turning into a boomer and it seems like the whole world is weird sometimes. All of these different ways to pay amateur student-athletes is getting confusing.
    Change your insurance coverage to Progressive.
    Don't believe everything you think.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

How much money are we supposed to donate? Used to be just Team Makers and Alumni association. Now NIL and this? Where does it stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    How much money are we supposed to donate? Used to be just Team Makers and Alumni association. Now NIL and this? Where does it stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the real question is how close is Team Makers to getting all athletic scholarships fully endowed? Once that is done the funding stream for Alston and G&G opens up.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I dont think this is going to last very long at this level of sports. Just my opinion.
    i hope you're right because it doesn't feel like college football anymore. some sort of weird tiered semi-pro league that just has a bunch of century old tradition attached to it (but somehow no longer means anything)
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I think that the continuing professionalization of college athletics is one piece of the apathy puzzle that we're seeing with Bison Football and Basketball. Students have mostly lost interest in it... as well as many older fans. Not saying that NDSU shouldn't do this... because there's maybe no choice. I am in favor of giving each player an allowance so that they can go to a movie or get something to eat.

USC did the endowment thing with all 22 starters on their football team several years ago. Individuals in the stands feel like they own a player on the field. See how that's helped them? A once-great program has basically collapsed.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

It's obvious why NDSU is looking into this and that's because UND announced they were doing it last summer.

As long as college athletics continue to be a billion dollar industry all these things will continue to happen. If you don't like it don't contribute your dollars to it - if enough feel the same way the pendulum will swing back towards pure amateurism when the dollars dry up. Something tells me that won't happen though... we'll all whine and complain but continue to say "take my money!" while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Lakes neg repped me for putting McFeelys title in the name
    I positive repped you to counter his neg rep. I bet he'll neg rep you again for narcing.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I think that the continuing professionalization of college athletics is one piece of the apathy puzzle that we're seeing with Bison Football and Basketball. Students have mostly lost interest in it... as well as many older fans. Not saying that NDSU shouldn't do this... because there's maybe no choice. I am in favor of giving each player an allowance so that they can go to a movie or get something to eat.

USC did the endowment thing with all 22 starters on their football team several years ago. Individuals in the stands feel like they own a player on the field. See how that's helped them? A once-great program has basically collapsed.
    They were one game against Utah from being in the playoff like 15 months ago
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Lakes neg repped me for putting McFeelys title in the name
    Lakes Neg repped me again

He said...

"You actually wrote this publicly? You and the rest of the nerds here are the reason NDSU is failing. Us D1 fans from"

Apparently I'm D2 because I want to see us funded like the FBS schools do. Lakes is small time. He doesn't approve of NIL or cash payments. I'm sure the players and recruits dont want an extra $5950 straight cash homey.
    We should operate like a small school

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

i'm lakes biggest advocate and he's neg repped me too.

i told him if he does it again he'll bleed red.

rep is serious business.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes