Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

LAKES FOR A.D.! Show us how its done!

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

I have never been neg repped by lakes despite being one of his most consistent haters.

(This is an invitation)
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I have never been neg repped by lakes despite being one of his most consistent haters.

(This is an invitation)
    HINT FOR A NEGATIVE REP: Use McFeely's name or otherwise praise McFeely.

Mike McFeely über alles
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Mike McFeely über alles
    Yeeeeeeeeees

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    HINT FOR A NEGATIVE REP: Use McFeely's name or otherwise praise McFeely.

Lakes just positive repped me. He says you all suck for caring about UND
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    With one or two exceptions, we no longer give gifts but donate instead to worthy causes. MY HUSBAND AND I QUIT GIVING Christmas GIFTS to each other QUITE A WHILE AGO (for those who are fascinated by my home life) but we do give each other gifts throughout the year, thoughtful gifts and always a surprise to the recipient.
    I can relate. My wife and I stopped exchanging gifts all together. We'd rather spend the money on the kids gifts (17 & 9 years old), or on projects around the home. If it's something we really want for ourselves we just buy it when we need it or find it on sale.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    the idea of "free agents" in college football still just baffles me.

100 years of tradition just instantly gutted.
    Pretty much, its going to just be an amateur sports job now, rather than true college sports.
    Like watching your favorite AAA baseball team. The good players all leave.

Every year, the players want more, and will have to be re-recruited and thrown money, or they move on.
    Makes me start to appreciate pro sports again more, at least they have some spending caps and parity.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Pretty much, its going to just be an amateur sports job now, rather than true college sports.

Every year, the players want more, and will have to be re-recruited and thrown money, or they move on.
    Makes me start to appreciate pro sports again more, at least they have some spending caps and parity.
    Correct on all counts. Cue up the idiots who will lecture you/me about how we oldies (I'm 58) "just don't get it!" All the fools spouting, "Well, college athletes should be financially recompensed for the sales of their jersey numbers!"....if you didn't foresee the disgusting/game-changing effects on college sports that your nonsense would bring, then you're HOPELESS. Thanks for destroying College Sports, you Village Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Correct on all counts. Cue up the idiots who will lecture you/me about how we oldies (I'm 58) "just don't get it!" All the fools spouting, "Well, college athletes should be financially recompensed for the sales of their jersey numbers!"....if you didn't foresee the disgusting/game-changing effects on college sports that your nonsense would bring, then you're HOPELESS. Thanks for destroying College Sports, you Village Idiots.
    I agree with everything

But what are the options?

Move down to D3?
    Do nothing while everyone else does it? UND is starting Alston payments. Bunnies started a collective and we lost to both of them last year.

But I still support Alston payments. 6 grand max for academic success isn't huge money. For perspective, that's like $500 a month over the course of a year unless a walkon decides to put it towards tuition

That's not a problem and it's not hurting sports
    It's the SEC starting QB being offered a million to join a Big 10 team that's ruining it. That's just fucking lame

You win by recruiting good players, developing them and retaining them. Alston and Collective will play a role

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com