Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

Football for the obvious example in some schools brings in more revenue than the school expends on it. This surplus supplements many non-profitable athletic programs. So instead of football supplementing money pit programs, it should go to NIL payments to the programs that brought the money in? I see the logic as well as the pitfalls.
    For one thing, I think colleges are offering too many non-profitable sports, and perhaps this would expose that? Good or bad, depending on each's perspective.

Default Re: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Football for the obvious example in some schools brings in more revenue than the school expends on it. This surplus supplements many non-profitable athletic programs. So instead of football supplementing money pit programs, it should go to NIL payments to the programs that brought the money in? I see the logic as well as the pitfalls.
    For one thing, I think colleges are offering too many non-profitable sports, and perhaps this would expose that? Good or bad, depending on each's perspective.
    More or less I agree. It’s not perfect but in my opinion it’s more perfect than the current situation and the pre-NIL setup.

I think something that a lot of people forget is that schools see a ton a marketing and donor engagement value from sports. That’s why schools put so many resources into subsidizing them. That is part of my frustration with NDSU not having a higher subsidization of the AD. That is additional value that athletes bring to universities that isn’t quantified (or at least I haven’t seen it). Doesn’t mean it should be taken into consideration, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Same reason TJamz likes latin American child slave labor in his gold mines.... control.
    Malaysian.... we've switched to Malaysian for my crypto mines.

Go to fancave.me and give money directly to your favorite college athlete! If they end up NOT attending the school of your choice, you get your money back! If you are against this for college athletics then you Hate Capitalism! and are A Communist! Which is weird, as I'm against this, and I am the Right Wing of the Right Wing.

https://www.fancave.me/

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Go to fancave.me and give money directly to your favorite college athlete! If they end up NOT attending the school of your choice, you get your money back! If you are against this for college athletics then you Hate Capitalism! and are A Communist! Which is weird, as I'm against this, and I am the Right Wing of the Right Wing.

https://www.fancave.me/
    . Why would anyone do this? Has nothing to do with capitalism. Why not donate to the poor.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    . Why would anyone do this? Has nothing to do with capitalism. Why not donate to the poor.
    No its spelled "the poors."

It's official.

Bison athletics jumps on Alston bandwagon, will award $1.5 million in first year

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...-in-first-year

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's official.

Bison athletics jumps on Alston bandwagon, will award $1.5 million in first year

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...-in-first-year
    Great to hear that we are getting this done. Of all the BS we are seeing nationally in regards to NIL, rewarding student athletes for staying on pace to graduate is fantastic. Being a DI athlete regardless of scholarship status is a year round job. Hopefully we can get this fully funded so we can provide the max amount for everyone. Despite our disastrous Cheer squad situation, it would be great if they could eventually get this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Great to hear that we are getting this done. Of all the BS we are seeing nationally in regards to NIL, rewarding student athletes for staying on pace to graduate is fantastic. Being a DI athlete regardless of scholarship status is a year round job. Hopefully we can get this fully funded so we can provide the max amount for everyone. Despite our disastrous Cheer squad situation, it would be great if they could eventually get this as well.
    It's a big win for everyone. For as critical as I've been of Matt Larson, this is the stuff he is great at. Whoever the donor is... big ovation!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Its nice to see reward for grades rather than NIL for a influencer ad post.