Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

Default Re: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    They were one game against Utah from being in the playoff like 15 months ago
    USC Football has mostly been irrelevant since the days of Pete Carroll... a shell of the old program. In LA... losing to Utah is not a good thing. And losing to your cross-city rival is sacrilege.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Default Re: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Money has always been in college sports. Now it's just legal and out in the open. You cant compare Alabama paying Grant Nelson 700 grand to an NDSU collective giving a walk on $1,000 to help fix his car or $5,950 to put towards tuition after getting a 4.0. We dont even pay our head coach that much

But when you are FCS, you have 22 less full rides scholarships so this helps
    Of course we aren't competing for people who want to play at the big boy schools. Now it might be something like can we offer as much (or more than) the top tier of FCS and G5 schools.

As for charity, I've been thinking about upping my Team Makers donation to account for inflation since we joined in 2011 although I want to support actual charties vs a not-for-profit entity like college athletics.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Of course we aren't competing for people who want to play at the big boy schools. Now it might be something like can we offer as much (or more than) the top tier of FCS and G5 schools.

As for charity, I've been thinking about upping my Team Makers donation to account for inflation since we joined in 2011 although I want to support actual charties vs a not-for-profit entity like college athletics.
    The year we had Covid, we decided to forgo a big thanksgiving dinner. I sent the money I would have spent to the food pantry. Been sending regular donations ever since. You would be surprised at the people you may even know, if you live ina small town, that use it.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    The year we had Covid, we decided to forgo a big thanksgiving dinner. I sent the money I would have spent to the food pantry. Been sending regular donations ever since. You would be surprised at the people you may even know, if you live ina small town, that use it.
    That same year we donated money to local food shelters instead of sending Christmas presents to family members across the country and my family finally agreed to quit doing presents since all we ever give is stuff nobody really needs.
    It's OK to not be OK.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

With one or two exceptions, we no longer give gifts but donate instead to worthy causes. MY HUSBAND AND I QUIT GIVING Christmas GIFTS to each other QUITE A WHILE AGO (for those who are fascinated by my home life) but we do give each other gifts throughout the year, thoughtful gifts and always a surprise to the recipient.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    With one or two exceptions, we no longer give gifts but donate instead to worthy causes. MY HUSBAND AND I QUIT GIVING Christmas GIFTS to each other QUITE A WHILE AGO (for those who are fascinated by my home life) but we do give each other gifts throughout the year, thoughtful gifts and always a surprise to the recipient.
    With all relatives being adults now, I spend most of what we once spent on gifts on Amber Bock and Pendleton. The rest I just waste. It's like free money.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    With all relatives being adults now, I spend most of what we once spent on gifts on Amber Bock and Pendleton. The rest I just waste. It's like free money.
    I remember Amber Bock....she was from Wishek right?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I remember Amber Bock....she was from Wishek right?
    I think you are thinking about Amber Boddum.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    The sweaters? I LOVED Pendleton. As an Anglophile.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    The sweaters? I LOVED Pendleton. As an Anglophile.
    I wouldn't admit to being a angliophile on a public forum. Kids are still off limits!