Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

Default Re: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    i'm lakes biggest advocate and he's neg repped me too.

i told him if he does it again he'll bleed red.

rep is serious business.
    I've often wondered, do you get a wolf t-shirt from lakes to be his biggest advocate, or do you have to get the wolf t-shirt to become his biggest advocate?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: McFeely's Tip Sheet: NDSU working toward Alston payments for athletes

This frustrates me.
    I wouldn't know the guy if I saw him, but have stuck up for him in the past simply because I am not a fan of bans in general.

Now here's a funny one...
    NDSU1980 has given me multiple neg reps
    It really hurt my feeling each time too!

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=NI4NI;1659262]This frustrates me.
    I wouldn't know the guy if I saw him, but have stuck up for him in the past simply because I am not a fan of bans in general.

Now here's a funny one...
    NDSU1980 has given me multiple neg reps
    It really hurt my feeling each time too![/QUOTE

I just positive repped you to cancel it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's obvious why NDSU is looking into this and that's because UND announced they were doing it last summer.

As long as college athletics continue to be a billion dollar industry all these things will continue to happen. If you don't like it don't contribute your dollars to it - if enough feel the same way the pendulum will swing back towards pure amateurism when the dollars dry up. Something tells me that won't happen though... we'll all whine and complain but continue to say "take my money!" while doing it.
    Annnnnd done. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. We're not renewing our 4 FB season tickets (already went from 7 tickets to 4 tickets this last season), no more Teammaker's donations, and I just told the Green and Gold folks to cancel my monthly contribution. My future donations will only go through the NDSU Foundation to non-athletic purposes, to the BFPA and to my fraternity.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    People grow weary of constantly being bombarded for donations. Every well is only so deep.
    I was just thinking of this very thought. It truly gets tiresome. I understand that this is the way of college athletics and none of us like it but I wonder when the burnout starts, if it has not started already.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Annnnnd done. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. We're not renewing our 4 FB season tickets (already went from 7 tickets to 4 tickets this last season), no more Teammaker's donations, and I just told the Green and Gold folks to cancel my monthly contribution. My future donations will only go through the NDSU Foundation to non-athletic purposes, to the BFPA and to my fraternity.
    Utah gave all their players a brand new lease paid Dodge Ram 1500. Grant Nelson got 700,000 dollars. and you're outraged at paying a 4.0 student up to $5900? Spare me your idealistic world view

So you're basically quitting when UND and SDSU are upping their game. Not sure what kind of statement that is, other tham I don't want to play with the big boys and I concede.

I'm sure we will survive without you

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

???? You signed up for monthly G&G payments but are upset about NDSU setting up an academic achievement award? The Alston payments have nothing to do with being a starter or NIL. A huge majority of these dollars will go to student athletes who work hard in practice, do the right thing but are far from being stars on their teams. Getting involved with this is an absolute no brainier and this is coming from someone who has not decided how I feel about the whole G&G collective thing.

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Utah gave all their players a brand new lease paid Dodge Ram 1500. Grant Nelson got 700,000 dollars. and you're outraged at paying a 4.0 student up to $5900? Spare me your idealistic world view

So you're basically quitting when UND and SDSU are upping their game. Not sure what kind of statement that is, other tham I don't want to play with the big boys and I concede.

I'm sure we will survive without you
    Dodge Ram 1500 �� I would pay extra to not have to drive that.
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Not sure if this will help or not, but that is a tight lipped operation up there, so I really have NO clue, but from what I gather, Alston payments is being targeted to one donor that would fully fund. Nobody has ever been asked to help fund that, so I don't really see how that would impact how anyone gives to The G&G Collective or Teammakers. Everyone has choices and opinions and I respect all. I just think this last one is something that nobody has to really think about, but may end up a benefit for some student athletes and that is tremendous.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Not sure if this will help or not, but that is a tight lipped operation up there, so I really have NO clue, but from what I gather, Alston payments is being targeted to one donor that would fully fund. Nobody has ever been asked to help fund that, so I don't really see how that would impact how anyone gives to The G&G Collective or Teammakers. Everyone has choices and opinions and I respect all. I just think this last one is something that nobody has to really think about, but may end up a benefit for some student athletes and that is tremendous.
    I am interested in the student part of student athlete. My favorite part of Teammaker lunches is hearing about the academic success of the students. Its impressive. So I would lean more to rewarding for achievement in the classroom rather than money to stay because another school will pay you more
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans