Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: GDT Bison vs Denver

Default Re: GDT Bison vs Denver

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz04 View Post
    A. 20. Point. Lead. Zero. Time. Outs. Make. It. Make. Sense.
    He called one... with about 11 minutes to play when they were still up 13 I believe.

I understand that runs will happen in D1 college basketball and it's incredibly rare for teams to play the "40 minute complete game" due to the level of competition but to watch the coach make zero effort to help his collapsing team with a timeout is downright frustrating. Maybe they still lose if he calls a timeout around the 6 minute mark when Denver made it a one possession game but at least it would've given them a better chance to slow the momentum of the home team and the home crowd.

Proving a point > winning games. Extension on the horizon!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Huge opportunity today and blew it.

I’m not a fair weather fan. I’ve hardly missed following a game on the radio, TV, or live stats for 20 years. Not calling timeouts on momentum runs has caused my interest to be at an all time low. Despite frustrations with coaching decisions, I used to go to games to support the university and the student athletes. But now I’m just starting to feel like I’m enabling coaching extensions that I can’t stand to watch. It’s like a drivers ed teacher repeatedly allowing a student to back up into a tree, and not say anything, so that they “learn” their lesson. Not killing momentum with a timeout to prove a point is classic for this program. Bill self of KU would never do this.

I think Dave recruits well, and undoubtedly has teams rippin’ it in the SLT. It’s just SO frustrating 95% the rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Moving backwards 5+ years?!! You could not be more wrong.

2019: 19-16, tournament champs, first 4 win
    2020: 25-8, regular season champs, conference tournament champs
    2021: 15-12, conference championship game appearance
    2022: 23-10, conference tournament appearance
    2023: 16-17, conference tournament appearance

Tell a coach in the summit league that has done that?! You cant. You are entitled to you own opinion, but you are not entitled to you own facts.
    You do realize that you are showing a trajectory that shows us moving backwards over the last 5 years, right? Lol

Well I know of one but he was good enough to get poached by a school in a better conference. SDSU, even with their tourney troubles recently has put us far into third-most successful in the conference - all while they go through coaches.

Go ahead and take out non-D1 wins and let’s see those records. 3+ extra wins every year.

If you’re gonna list conference tourney participation as a highlight of multiple seasons…
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

$20 parlay to win $142 on NDSU +2.5, UND +2.5, SDSU -1.5. I should have known better the Bison would be the ones to muck it up.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Another Bubba Richman game, just sad. The man does nothing of significance yet his lovers just eat it all up, nobody loves mediocrity more. Don't care how you fluff it up with wins over nonD1 teams and Summit teams softer than 10 ply.

I'm sure the budget excuse is next but the budget is what it is because this program has absolutely zero juice. It is apathy everywhere and Dave is a huge part of that as the face of the program.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 02-18-2024 at 08:06 PM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I hope this loss ends up costing Dave bonus money written into his contract. 3 games in March and that one game against Oak Hills.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Moving backwards 5+ years?!! You could not be more wrong.

2019: 19-16, tournament champs, first 4 win
    2020: 25-8, regular season champs, conference tournament champs
    2021: 15-12, conference championship game appearance
    2022: 23-10, conference tournament appearance
    2023: 16-17, conference tournament appearance

Tell a coach in the summit league that has done that?! You cant. You are entitled to you own opinion, but you are not entitled to you own facts.
    Soooo, how is doing worse every year moving forward?

Lol every team in the conference makes the tournament. That's not an accomplishment to brag about