Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Center for Engineering and Computational Sciences

Default Re: NDSU Center for Engineering and Computational Sciences

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I had 3rd year studio in that quonset hut. It was a joy. Early 90s.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    They were in use in '93, when I got here. I remember that getting rid of them was one of Chapman's priorities....didn't one of them get moved over to the west side of the campus and used for surplus or something?

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Richard Offerdahl - Class of 1965 - $25 million gift!
    Damn, good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Richard Offerdahl - Class of 1965 - $25 million gift!
    Pretty spectacular. I wish I was a serial failure at retirement like he is.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    They were in use in '93, when I got here. I remember that getting rid of them was one of Chapman's priorities....didn't one of them get moved over to the west side of the campus and used for surplus or something?
    I know one was close to the area where the Football Complex was, but it was a while ago. As a former historic preservationist, I think we need to keep reminders of our past. Cannot just tear things down indiscriminately. The "round" building, yea, it can go. Just think if a decision was made to tear down the former Northern School Supply Building but Doug Burgum came along and made it into Renaissance Hall. Same with Lincoln Mutual and John Klai came along to make it Landscape Arch. And the old Pioneer Mutual with its crazy red blinking sign - and it was made into Barry Hall.

The Quonsets have an incredible history, maybe a War relic, Architectural studios and egads! ....An early-day home to Greenfield Bison.

And the donation is big-time breaking news on the Fargo Forum!

Construction will start this summer.

533 In a row

I hope they build this one in a non-disposable fashion. It’s a shame we don’t do that more in this country. My last visit to Tuscany found me in the new wing of a rural villa. My room was 600 years old. (And due for some paint)
    Don't believe everything you think.

Look at all the beautiful historic buildings on campus that have stood the test of time - Putnam Hall (that domed little building by the library), Ceres Hall, OLD MAIN, Justin Morrill, South Engineering, and Minard (well, part of it had a scary moment). Those have always been my favorite buildings. And the campus gates which were destroyed somewhat during the 1957 tornado and Chapman had them reopened/reconstructed in a symbolic gesture. It is not feasible to keep every single building forever, but dang, the "disposable" society we are in drives me nuts.

Here is the story. Will break ground in the spring

https://www.inforum.com/news/fargo/a...eering-complex

Sugihara Hall a few years ago

The Peltier Complex should open this spring

We've knocked out quite a few projects over the last 5 years. What's the next one?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

All the disciplines that are going into Peltier, I assume? Sheppard Arena, Harris Bldg and so forth? What will happen to those buildings? I assume torn down? And if torn down, what will go in their places?