Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: NDSU Center for Engineering and Computational Sciences

Default Re: NDSU Center for Engineering and Computational Sciences

I just want NDSU to make new building more architecturally appealing. Granted I haven't been on campus in years so I don't have a great take on how it looks now. My wife went to Kansas and their campus is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by TNbison View Post
    I just want NDSU to make new building more architecturally appealing. Granted I haven't been on campus in years so I don't have a great take on how it looks now. My wife went to Kansas and their campus is beautiful
    Whatdaya mean??? Dolve is beautiful!!!

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Students have choices these days and they want amenities. 50k Minnesota students whose families earn under 80k can go to any Minnesota school for free now. We may need to replace some Minnesota kids with other states If we offer 40 year old services, enrollment will continue to decline. Kids don't want crappy 100 SF dorms with no AC and daily walks in -20 windchills.

All things being equal, they look at amenities. A skyway is an amenity. There is a reason people pay for underground heated parking

Freshman are generally required to live on campus so they are required to walk and freeze

Is it worth it? That's a fair question
    We have a cabin by Duluth which will become our son's residence in a few summers when he is 18 and we don't claim him. He will definitely be making less than 80k when he goes to UMD. Tuition free Minnesota school > NDSU.

AlumniGreen is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    We have a cabin by Duluth which will become our son's residence in a few summers when he is 18 and we don't claim him. He will definitely be making less than 80k when he goes to UMD. Tuition free Minnesota school > NDSU.
    From NDSU website regarding NDSU's answer to above:

For the 2024-25 academic year, eligible North Dakota and Minnesota students with family income levels of $80,000 or less and are Pell-eligible will have base tuition and mandatory student fees fully covered through the NDSU Tuition Award Program if they are in their first or second year at NDSU.

How It Works
    This scholarship program is intended to provide financial support to eligible students by covering any remaining base tuition and mandatory student fees after other gift aid has been applied (ex: grants, scholarships, waivers from federal, state, institutional or external sources). For example:
    • An eligible student from North Dakota enrolls full-time in fall semester, totaling to $5,528.50 in base tuition and fees.
    • The student receives $2,500 in grants and $1,500 in scholarships, leaving $1,528.50 to be covered.
    • The Tuition Award Program will cover the remaining $1,528.50 after all other grants and scholarships are applied.

For full consideration, students must meet the following criteria during the 2024-2025 academic year:
    Be a North Dakota or Minnesota resident receiving the in-state or reciprocity tuition rate
    • Be a new, first year or transfer degree-seeking student beginning summer or fall 2024, or a returning NDSU student who first enrolled at NDSU in summer 2023, fall 2023 or spring 2024
    Have a family income (annual adjusted gross income) of $80,000 or less and be Pell-eligible as reported on the 2024-2025 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
    • Enroll full-time (12+ credits per semester) for fall and spring semesters
    • Be in good academic standing and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
    • Be pursuing first bachelor’s degree
    • Not be in default on a state or federal student loan
    • Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident

You know it doesn’t work that way, right?

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    You know it doesn’t work that way, right?
    Sorry I should have specified. "Foster son".

Sorry I should have specified. "Foster son".
    Then carry on, McDuff….

I don't know if this is the correct section to place this in but I just saw a glimpse of an article a few days ago by Timothy Downs, new President of MSUM. In Minnesota, they have the NorthStar Promise which promises free tuition for students in Minnesota whose parents make less than $80,000. Now, it turns out (and this guy is a go-getter), they are extending this offer to both North Dakota and South Dakota students. NDSU does have a similar one already with the same criteria (see above NDSU article). It is an arms race for students all right.

Lightbulb Re: NDSU Center for Engineering and Computational Sciences

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I don't know if this is the correct section to place this in but I just saw a glimpse of an article a few days ago by Timothy Downs, new President of MSUM. In Minnesota, they have the NorthStar Promise which promises free tuition for students in Minnesota whose parents make less than $80,000. Now, it turns out (and this guy is a go-getter), they are extending this offer to both North Dakota and South Dakota students. NDSU does have a similar one already with the same criteria (see above NDSU article). It is an arms race for students all right.
    Concordia has free tuition to any student from any state now with a 90k income threshold. The FM area is very competitive

Speaking of an unrelated topic I don't know where to post, NDSU is relocating the Rugby Fields near the Fargodome and extending the Technology Park through a re-zoning request. I saw this at a City of Fargo planning meeting. Does anyone know anything about plans? Did they run out of space or is there a larger project on tap?

Screenshot_20240324_200815_Gallery.jpg

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

[QUOTE=HerdBot;1665314]Concordia has free tuition to any student from any state now with a 90k income threshold. The FM area is very competitive

Speaking of an unrelated topic I don't know where to post, NDSU is relocating the Rugby Fields near the Fargodome and extending the Technology Park through a re-zoning request. I saw this at a City of Fargo planning meeting. Does anyone know anything about plans? Did they run out of space or is there a larger project on tap?

[ATTACH=CO

I would assume they need more space as that seems most logical. Maybe will be in the Forum.

I did see City Planning Staff recommends "approval" so that it is a good sign as it usually passes then. Must have to go through City Commission too?