Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Center for Engineering and Computational Sciences

Default Re: NDSU Center for Engineering and Computational Sciences

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    What I remember was them telling us to look at persons sitting next to us because likely one of us wouldn't be there at the end due to only 50% graduation rate inside engineering.
    You can always just cut through the Union bro

But wait ... are you saying that having smart graduates is incommensurate with the NDUS funding model? Well gosh dangit isn’t that just a total fuck up by someone somewhere …

At least NDSU students live here, so there’s that

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its Fargo ND for christ sake. The student should know what its like there before coming. So whats the ROI for coddling a couple of snowflakes?
    We didn't hit 10k enrollment until 2000. Peaked at 14.7k in 2014, been falling ever since. If you prefer the small school, Divison 2, non-R1, tough guy school, more power to you.
    I want NDSU to be a 15-20k enrollment that's not on the verge of losing R1 and a strong candidate for the FBS G5. In today's world that means not every waking moment should be a struggle for survival.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    We didn't hit 10k enrollment until 2000. Peaked at 14.7k in 2014, been falling ever since. If you prefer the small school, Divison 2, non-R1, tough guy school, more power to you.
    I want NDSU to be a 15-20k enrollment that's not on the verge of losing R1 and a strong candidate for the FBS G5. In today's world that means not every waking moment should be a struggle for survival.
    NDSU is not going to lose R1. They just lowered the bar again, and all 4 Dakota schools will now have this designation, with NDSU obviously being the safest of the 4 to keep it

The way Bismarck has set things up, its all about enrollment now, and it doesn't even matter if the students live anywhere close to here

Walking from T lot to Dolve for 5 years isn't for pussies.

What I remember was them telling us to look at persons sitting next to us because likely one of us wouldn't be there at the end due to only 50% graduation rate inside engineering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Perfect! Nobody wants to hire/work with pussies either!
    Does it matter if your pharmacist, nurse or accountant is a pussy? What matters to me is these professions exist

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I was fortunate to attend college in the "warm years" 98-01.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Students have choices these days and they want amenities. 50k Minnesota students whose families earn under 80k can go to any Minnesota school for free now. We may need to replace some Minnesota kids with other states If we offer 40 year old services, enrollment will continue to decline. Kids don't want crappy 100 SF dorms with no AC and daily walks in -20 windchills.

All things being equal, they look at amenities. A skyway is an amenity. There is a reason people pay for underground heated parking

Freshman are generally required to live on campus so they are required to walk and freeze

Is it worth it? That's a fair question

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    You can always just cut through the Union bro

But wait ... are you saying that having smart graduates is incommensurate with the NDUS funding model? Well gosh dangit isn’t that just a total fuck up by someone somewhere …

At least NDSU students live here, so there’s that
    South Engineering too when it was brutal.

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I understand that I am on the losing end of the debate. Just venting my frustrations with this whole new soft generation. May God help 'em when times actually get tough.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I understand that I am on the losing end of the debate. Just venting my frustrations with this whole new soft generation. May God help 'em when times actually get tough.
    They are building a skyway from the union to engineering... that's it, civilization will be doomed by a generation of soft NDSU engineering grads.

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They are building a skyway from the union to engineering... that's it, civilization will be doomed by a generation of soft NDSU engineering grads.
    Did you miss the part where I said "I understand that I am on the losing end of the debate"?