Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: McFeely's DRIVE FOR FIVE at Upcoming UND/BISON Matchup

Default Re: McFeely's DRIVE FOR FIVE at Upcoming UND/BISON Matchup

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    AG how was the Monster Truck show? Was it what you thought it would be?
    I took my soon to be 3 yr old grandson. He’s still talking about it
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Now I feel like and old man wondering how we survived going to games with no constant entertainment any time there is a break in the action.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    So many good ideas were listed. Thanks for posting them. I had been thinking some and I would echo that having contests to increase fans is good. Greek, dorms, and other student organizations to see who can get the most out to the game. Make it fun. Try different things. If it does not work, try something else. We need peppy stuff. When there are time-outs or ref review stuff, maybe some short song from the band. Try anything and see if it makes a difference.

Mr. Burgundy, I am going to purchase tickets tomorrow (old school, I am physically going to SHAC to get them) and I am under the impression that we pay separately for the WBB and separately for the MBB. I will see, however.

Hubby is not a Bison. He is actually a Dragon alum, but he is still "pumped" to see the Bison play. I am even getting him outfitted in my gender-neutral Bison gear!
    It's OK to not be OK.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I took my soon to be 3 yr old grandson. He’s still talking about it
    I've been a few times. They put on a very entertaining live show!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Now I feel like and old man wondering how we survived going to games with no constant entertainment any time there is a break in the action.
    We didn't have a computer in our pocket delivering nonstop content and 3 gaming systems at home and 10 TVs in every restaurant, etc.

All of us of every age have come so accustomed to constant stimulation that we view as entertainment we can't go 15 minutes without it.

It all comes down to people just have to care about going to games. You can have all the music, promotions, food options, in game entertainment; but the main reason to go to games is to watch the basketball game! But these days, people’s attention span is like 1seconds. Many would rather sit home and scrool on TikTok and do nothing; students and adults included.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    It all comes down to people just have to care about going to games. You can have all the music, promotions, food options, in game entertainment; but the main reason to go to games is to watch the basketball game! But these days, people’s attention span is like 1seconds. Many would rather sit home and scrool on TikTok and do nothing; students and adults included.
    Maybe true, but it doesn't change the fact that NDSU is competing for people's entertainment dollars and needs to do better at marketing its product.

They can't seem to think outside the box.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

NDSU can fix this if they want to.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    NDSU can fix this if they want to.
    Getting rid of Matt Larsen is the first step. Next fire Dave Richman. Then build a real D1 basketball arena. The SHAC is a shit hole. Mostly uncomfortable pull out seating. What a joke!

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    We didn't have a computer in our pocket delivering nonstop content and 3 gaming systems at home and 10 TVs in every restaurant, etc.

All of us of every age have come so accustomed to constant stimulation that we view as entertainment we can't go 15 minutes without it.
    In fairness to the kids we also didn’t have 2-3 minute TV timeouts every 4 minutes throughout the whole game. I went to a Minot State game not too long ago and it was so nice not to sit through that crap. In and out in about an hour and 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Getting rid of Matt Larsen is the first step. Next fire Dave Richman. Then build a real D1 basketball arena. The SHAC is a shit hole. Mostly uncomfortable pull out seating. What a joke!
    Between a new home for football and now basketball I hope your a hell of a fundraiser