Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: McFeely's DRIVE FOR FIVE at Upcoming UND/BISON Matchup

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: McFeely's DRIVE FOR FIVE at Upcoming UND/BISON Matchup

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Nice to see McFeely finally getting the ball rolling. We all know lakes couldn't do it.
    YEA, MIKE MCFEELY ROCKS! He is really making a supreme effort. Good for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this could be fixed if they wanted it to be fixed. The obvious solution to me is to sell a two for one. They should throw a damn party between games. Sweeping the arena is so disrespectful. They are pushing "table gating" as a treat for fans, but between games they don't want fans up in that area? How easy is it to sell a $30 ticket that gets you into both games. You have 45 minutes to mingle and grab a few beers with friends between games. The thought of asking 4000 people to go sit in the commons area outside only to re enter? Please. The women's team deserves this.
    Good News: Nice weather for "table gating" or going for a walk on campus between games.
    Bad News: Enjoy the nice weather or sit inside watching BB

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this could be fixed if they wanted it to be fixed. The obvious solution to me is to sell a two for one. They should throw a damn party between games. Sweeping the arena is so disrespectful. They are pushing "table gating" as a treat for fans, but between games they don't want fans up in that area? How easy is it to sell a $30 ticket that gets you into both games. You have 45 minutes to mingle and grab a few beers with friends between games. The thought of asking 4000 people to go sit in the commons area outside only to re enter? Please. The women's team deserves this.
    I agree. Not only that, but think of herd mentality where if there is energy and a crowd more people want to come. If the place is absolutely flat than the regular Joe goes there is no excitement I might skip the next one. Think outside the box like the St Paul Saints for ideas. Not that we have to do whacky things but do something different.

Plus having that many people there between games seems like a great time to have development/Foundation mingle in the crowd.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I just listened to Hot Mic. Mike McFeely was on - as of this morning, Tuesday at 9 a.m., the MBB tickets sold were 2,600. The WBB tickets were 1,200. Sad. Both men, Dom and Mike, were stunned, I felt, at the low numbers. Mike said something about student tickets not being factored in yet, I guess. But the WBB team is on fire, and I am looking forward to watching them play as much as anything.

Still several days left until Saturday so hope the tickets sold will climb more.
    No longer worth driving 2.5 hours for me to watch Daves teams. Maybe if they played a legitimate opponent at home one day. Instead Im saving money to drive to OMA to visit family and go to Creighton-Marquette in a few weeks.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    No longer worth driving 2.5 hours for me to watch Daves teams. Maybe if they played a legitimate opponent at home one day. Instead Im saving money to drive to OMA to visit family and go to Creighton-Marquette in a few weeks.
    Good for you! But can at least the Fargo people try to show up? Mike McFeely pointed out there are - what - about 200,000 in the F-M-WF and close area. Can more than 1200 show up for the WBB who are WORTH it at least? I hope more show up. We still have several days plus not sure about the students.

AND LAKES! I have gotten 2 red reps from you. I care more about the success of the Bison WBB and MBB than worrying if Mike McFeely came up with the idea. I am counting on you to work your magic and get more butts in seats. Thanks, big guy.

I still can't believe this is a thing for a program that could use a boost in fans attending games. Old school double header and a hated foe? perfect spot to do something to fill it up.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This had such promise and was botched so poorly. Women's team deserves better. Hoping that when they have to clear out after the men's game some decide to walk back to the window and just grab tickets for the women's game and stick around.

I absolutely love that lakes is still lurking on Bville giving his displeasure to people's thoughts one neg rep at a time

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    I absolutely love that lakes is still lurking on Bville giving his displeasure to people's thoughts one neg rep at a time
    He's got to spread some around before he can give it to scottietohottie again eh

It is real funny. And then when he uses caps lock I laugh even harder.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I think having lakes band here has helped McFeely's creative juices flow eh. He's not so focused on fbs now. Good call Tony. Allowing McFeely to grow.

Lardsin must go!