Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: McFeely's DRIVE FOR FIVE at Upcoming UND/BISON Matchup

Default Re: McFeely's DRIVE FOR FIVE at Upcoming UND/BISON Matchup

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    ... everyone at the game who had the UND app....I was not about to put any sort of UND labeled garbage on my phone...
    That app is how I access my season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    At NDSU it would trigger a buy one get one free coupon for one row of one section. Apparently Hornbachers can even afford to give a college student more than $25 IF they make a "bean bag". Embarrassing
    When UND used to fly a mini-dirigible around REA during intermissions it would drop "prize coupons".
    The students joked, "Goody! 50 cents off a car at Rydell Chevy!"

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Y'all don't have a BWW "Brickin' for Chicken" promo going?

Recently an opponent bricked two free throws in the second half and it triggered a free ten wings (?) for everyone at the game.
    Local Big West school does this with Chik-Fil-A...free Chik sandwich. I know the Chik owner/operator and he loves it. Brings even more unneeded guests to his establishment.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    In today's FORUM, Mike McFeely puts out a challenge (?) for more fans to show up for the UND/BISON women's and men's games on FEB 24. I'll be there because the UND/NDSU rivalry still means something to me, but I have only attended a handful of other games this season. I also agree with McFeely's take on the lack of effort from both the Marketing department to promote and generate excitement, and to the Athletic Department in total (YES, YOU Larsen) for not doing better to create a watchable product worthy of out time and money. I talk almost entirely about the Men's team; I think the Women's team is showing nice progress and really deserve better than they get in terms of fan support.

So, your reaction to McFeely's efforts? Does it get you out of your chair, or just make you roll your eyes?
    I don't always agree with McFeely but he is 100% correct, and I am glad that he told it like it is! I am also a bit shocked he was so forthright! But still true.

WE WILL BE THERE.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    When I sent him an email asking if he realized there was a huge attendance problem in football (we were so far behind the eight ball, it wasn’t even funny) he replied… that it was just one game, it was an anomaly, and it was pheasant hunting season! I replied - Incorrect. Pheasant hunting has not affected attendance in the past… only deer hunting.
    He is way out of touch. Regarding basketball… to do NOTHING regarding increasing attendance, is just irresponsible.
    The athletes deserve better.
    Good for you for speaking up. I get very concerned that this entire article by McFeely will be met with a defensive attitude by the AD and his department, and nothing will change. But we will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    When I sent him an email asking if he realized there was a huge attendance problem in football (we were so far behind the eight ball, it wasn’t even funny) he replied… that it was just one game, it was an anomaly, and it was pheasant hunting season! I replied - Incorrect. Pheasant hunting has not affected attendance in the past… only deer hunting.
    He is way out of touch. Regarding basketball… to do NOTHING regarding increasing attendance, is just irresponsible.
    The athletes deserve better.
    Perhaps you didn't know this and strange as it may seem but pheasant hunting is quite the big deal on Long Island, New York, which btw is the home of Stony Brook University; so it is not puzzling why ML would say this about dwindling attendance at NDSU football games.

Even more than Mott, North Dakota???

I would love to see a packed Shac for this game! But, to be fair, there are reasons previous games didn’t have more people.

2018: 4,105 - Tuesday night game.
    2019: 4,232 - Saturday afternoon game.
    2020: 3,817 - Sunday game, makeup from a blizzard the day before, weather still not great.
    2022: 3,510 - Wednesday night game.
    2023: 3,687 - Friday night game.

So only Saturday afternoon game, which is the ideal game day and time for a big crowd. So this year is no excuse. Pack the Shac and beat the Fhawkers!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Good for you for speaking up. I get very concerned that this entire article by McFeely will be met with a defensive attitude by the AD and his department, and nothing will change. But we will be there.
    In the email, I mentioned that when you have lost the student section, you have lost almost everything. To me, that would be the first priority. College athletics is nothing without student participation.

His article was good but I’m not surprised UNd had a good crowd. Rushing the court during regular season is kind of bush league, but I guess they were excited they won. Do they do that for other teams? We will have a good crowd for them, but SDSU is a bigger deal to me and I’m sure we will have a crowd for them. Getting crowds for the Omaha and other teams is the trick.

At the game Thursday there were three students age guys sitting behind the other teams bench. They were yelling and occasionally one of them would stand up and make silly gestures toward the bench. We were entertained and the people around them didn’t seem to mind. So of course the staff guy went and scolded them. They sat after that and didn’t stand up. But they were still yelling in the second half ( we were too) so the guy went over to them again and I guess told them to leave because they left. That’s the way you get people to come to games you know. It’s a safety issue. If people start to have fun, the next thing you know people will die.
    (Now if they were being obscene or abusive fine but the other team didn’t acknowledge them )
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans