Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: McFeely's DRIVE FOR FIVE at Upcoming UND/BISON Matchup

Default Re: McFeely's DRIVE FOR FIVE at Upcoming UND/BISON Matchup

It's not like Cook came from a basketball school. I was hopeful there would be some changes made, but everyone seems to be content with the current trends in the athletic department.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    AG how was the Monster Truck show? Was it what you thought it would be?
    I went home and threw up I was so excited.

I just purchased the tickets for the UND/NDSU game AT THE SHAC and put the tickets in an old-school envelope so I don't misplace them. I am guessing all of you know this but to reiterate, yes, we have to purchase separate tickets for WBB and MBB. There is about a 20-minute wait between games and the ticket-seller said we have to clear out but can remain in lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Now I feel like and old man wondering how we survived going to games with no constant entertainment any time there is a break in the action.
    Yea, it is kind of similar to when modern families take road trips. They have to have tote bins of entertainment, video games, maybe a TV screen in the back seat and eyes glued to Smartphones to keep the kiddos entertained. Hell, in MY DAY, we entertained OURSELVES. We played that Burma Shave game and watched for the Burma Shave signs. I suppose with the interstate, they don't have that anymore. That is partly why society is so messed up. Cannot have peace and quiet and be alone with your thoughts. We also played Slug-A-Bug (Volkswagen game) and other games that stirred our imaginations. When we are driving distances, hubby and I discussed things like Oxford commas and so forth! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Getting rid of Matt Larsen is the first step. Next fire Dave Richman. Then build a real D1 basketball arena. The SHAC is a shit hole. Mostly uncomfortable pull out seating. What a joke!
    The SHAC is quite new. Very beautiful. Yea, seats are not terribly comfortable. Money does not grow on trees, and GOOD LUCK on tearing down an almost new basketball arena and finding the money for a new one. NDSU will be seeing as a spendthrift, wasteful school if we do that.

While out at NDSU this morning, I did pick up a copy of the Spectrum, and there was a really good article on the UND/NDSU rivalry and a call for students to get to the game so I hope that students will show up and be loud.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    While out at NDSU this morning, I did pick up a copy of the Spectrum, and there was a really good article on the UND/NDSU rivalry and a call for students to get to the game so I hope that students will show up and be loud.
    Game? You must mean GAMES? Did you mispeak?

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Game? You must mean GAMES? Did you mispeak?
    Yes, I did mean games. Let's dribble and quibble!

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    It's not like Cook came from a basketball school. I was hopeful there would be some changes made, but everyone seems to be content with the current trends in the athletic department.
    I don't think this is the school president's job to create a buzz for a rivalry basketball game or simply market, but that is just my opinion. I think he has some large things on his plate these days that are more important than this. There are plenty of people that can help us with our game day activities. My opinion.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I don't think this is the school president's job to create a buzz for a rivalry basketball game or simply market, but that is just my opinion. I think he has some large things on his plate these days that are more important than this. There are plenty of people that can help us with our game day activities. My opinion.
    They have a person who is Marketing and Fan Engagement. Perhaps that person can figure it out?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans