Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: McFeely's DRIVE FOR FIVE at Upcoming UND/BISON Matchup

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: McFeely's DRIVE FOR FIVE at Upcoming UND/BISON Matchup

Also, I am not an insider on how much the SHAC is utilized for other/outside events but one of the suggestions above was to open up the arena to more local high school games. Could other events also use the SHAC. Obviously, it probably has limited use due to the configuration but how often is it sitting empty? Ways to increase revenue by opening it up to appropriate athletic events. I don't know the whole building, just the basketball area.

They do have ‘contests’ for what dorm brings the most out. Free pizza and stuff like that.
    I have always thought they should have pool noodles for the students to wave during free throws like bigger schools. Or maybe that isn’t allowed.
    The opening is kind of lame and the new light ‘show’ is not a ‘show’.
    Thank goodness for the band. The best part of the game.

Also. A fellow called into 1660 suggesting we have a bison like Colorado for football. Cool idea. We had Corso for a while, but they are dangerous creatures and not for indoor use.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    They do have ‘contests’ for what dorm brings the most out. Free pizza and stuff like that.
    I have always thought they should have pool noodles for the students to wave during free throws like bigger schools. Or maybe that isn’t allowed.
    The opening is kind of lame and the new light ‘show’ is not a ‘show’.
    Thank goodness for the band. The best part of the game.

Also. A fellow called into 1660 suggesting we have a bison like Colorado for football. Cool idea. We had Corso for a while, but they are dangerous creatures and not for indoor use.
    The band plays the same three songs over and over

As per McFeely’s above stated article…

Fans who want to attend both the men's game (1 p.m.) and the women's game (4 p.m.) will have to buy tickets for each game. The arena will be cleared after the men's game and fans will be re-admitted for the women's game.

This is one of the dumbest ideas I’ve seen from NDSU. So, we’ll have to leave the building and get scanned back in. They finally get a true men’s/women’s double header again and they let greed take precedence over common sense. I’m a season ticket holder for both men and women’s teams. Rethinking that moving forward.
    Rome wasn’t built in a day, but I wasn’t the foreman either…

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDude View Post

Fans who want to attend both the men's game (1 p.m.) and the women's game (4 p.m.) will have to buy tickets for each game. The arena will be cleared after the men's game and fans will be re-admitted for the women's game.

This is one of the dumbest ideas I’ve seen from NDSU. So, we’ll have to leave the building and get scanned back in. They finally get a true men’s/women’s double header again and they let greed take precedence over common sense. I’m a season ticket holder for both men and women’s teams. Rethinking that moving forward.
    They will not make you leave the building, but will "Herd" people to the north concourse and "Corral" them into an area until the arena is clear and rescan those with tickets to reenter. Sucks yes it does...As long as NDSU sells separate season tickets for men and womens games it will happen every time there is a double header.

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    The band plays the same three songs over and over
    They play Bruno Mars and some Rocky Horror picture show. I don’t need a lot
    It’s the other stuff they do I find amusing.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    They will not make you leave the building, but will "Herd" people to the north concourse and "Corral" them into an area until the arena is clear and rescan those with tickets to reenter. Sucks yes it does...As long as NDSU sells separate season tickets for men and womens games it will happen every time there is a double header.
    Doubt this ends up in a substantial increase in ticket sales. It does definitely reduce concession sales.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDude View Post

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    They have done this in past years also.

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    So many good ideas were listed. Thanks for posting them. I had been thinking some and I would echo that having contests to increase fans is good. Greek, dorms, and other student organizations to see who can get the most out to the game. Make it fun. Try different things. If it does not work, try something else. We need peppy stuff. When there are time-outs or ref review stuff, maybe some short song from the band. Try anything and see if it makes a difference.

Mr. Burgundy, I am going to purchase tickets tomorrow (old school, I am physically going to SHAC to get them) and I am under the impression that we pay separately for the WBB and separately for the MBB. I will see, however.

Hubby is not a Bison. He is actually a Dragon alum, but he is still "pumped" to see the Bison play. I am even getting him outfitted in my gender-neutral Bison gear!
    AG how was the Monster Truck show? Was it what you thought it would be?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]