Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: GDT: @und

Default Re: GDT: @und

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    If there is such a thing as app fatigue or subscription fatigue, then this is it for me. I've had 0 desire to subscribe to and pay for yet another app/streaming service. I thought cord cutting was supposed to be cheaper.
    This one doesn't bug me and I'm not even a subscriber. Might sign up for the tournament we'll see. The cord cutting streaming services (Hulu live, YouTubeTV, Sling, PlutoTV etc) have gone the way of cable they add channels that only a few people want but you get them anyway because they have the group of them that you do want. Since I've started it's gone from $50ish a month to $80, this only over 5ish years and I don't really watch any of the new channels hardly.

Even Netflix has gone to limited content ad streaming for one of their plans.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    This one doesn't bug me and I'm not even a subscriber. Might sign up for the tournament we'll see. The cord cutting streaming services (Hulu live, YouTubeTV, Sling, PlutoTV etc) have gone the way of cable they add channels that only a few people want but you get them anyway because they have the group of them that you do want. Since I've started it's gone from $50ish a month to $80, this only over 5ish years and I don't really watch any of the new channels hardly.

Even Netflix has gone to limited content ad streaming for one of their plans.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Yeah it absolutely sucks with how it's all went, I for sure pay more now than I did when I just had DirecTV and the good ole fashion Netflix by mail subscription and it's not really close. Is there more content, yes, and obviously the on demand content versus having to watch at whatever time it was on or record it is a huge convenience but I'm probably double what it was when I had cable/satellite. But also, good luck watching any NDSU basketball road game back then so it's a give and take.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Yeah it absolutely sucks with how it's all went, I for sure pay more now than I did when I just had DirecTV and the good ole fashion Netflix by mail subscription and it's not really close. Is there more content, yes, and obviously the on demand content versus having to watch at whatever time it was on or record it is a huge convenience but I'm probably double what it was when I had cable/satellite. But also, good luck watching any NDSU basketball road game back then so it's a give and take.
    I'm stubborn and never did cancel cable even though we have several streaming subscriptions. With all the complaining on here about the Summit League taking over streaming of the games, I didn't even look on cable for games early on. But the home games for UND, SDSU, and USD are still on Midco and the Bison home games are on WDAY, so I can still watch the games I want to watch for the most part.

I know, cool story bro.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

I watch the game on Midco which I have to do on my computer since I winter in Arizona. I liked it mutch better when it was on espn+ and I could watch on my firestick on my tv. Oh well at least I can watch.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you have Midco Sports +, you can load it on your firestick and watch it on TV. I watched both the women's and men's games on Saturday in AZ on firestick.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    If there is such a thing as app fatigue or subscription fatigue, then this is it for me. I've had 0 desire to subscribe to and pay for yet another app/streaming service. I thought cord cutting was supposed to be cheaper.
    ESPN/Fox/WB announced theyre coming out with a combined sports platform at the end of the year

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can’t we try Saul again as the coach, he was fun and not scary for reporters to talk to, recruited much higher level athletes and must be getting paid less now than DR??
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Can’t we try Saul again as the coach, he was fun and not scary for reporters to talk to, recruited much higher level athletes and must be getting paid less now than DR??
    Higher level athletes I would disagree with
    TRUST THE PROCESS