Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: R U watching the Shrine game tonight?

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: R U watching the Shrine game tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Are you FLIPPING nuts? You and I are done, baby!
    No, It's ok to not see I 2 I !

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    No, It's ok to not see I 2 I !
    No, Dave*. I draw the line at your Jacks semi-worshipping.

*From now on, you are Dave. I can't abide typing your user name.

Alright, but you gotta let me in on the 'Dave' joke so I can appreciate it as well.

For the record, I watched the Championship game with a bunch of Jacks fans, and did cheer for the Griz just to be 'that guy'. (I'm pretty sure that made it funner for them too)

Here's an analogy NASCAR fans will understand... I always hated Dale Earnhardt, but after he died it wasn't nearly as fun to watch. Having a worthy adversary is a much needed aspect of being a fan of any sport. I hate losing to them, but I'm glad they don't suck. I hope that makes some sense?

"Sam" would also work.

Alright, but you gotta let me in on the 'Dave' joke so I can appreciate it as well.

For the record, I watched the Championship game with a bunch of Jacks fans, and did cheer for the Griz just to be 'that guy'. (I'm pretty sure that made it funner for them too)

Here's an analogy NASCAR fans will understand... I always hated Dale Earnhardt, but after he died it wasn't nearly as fun to watch. Having a worthy adversary is a much needed aspect of being a fan of any sport. I hate losing to them, but I'm glad they don't suck. I hope that makes some sense?
    You are digging yourself in deeper and deeper into this. (I wonder if you are not a Jacks fan in Bison clothing! LOL).

Dave - there is no inside joke on your new name. Just an arbitrary name as it is easier to type than your user name.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    "Sam" would also work.
    Maybe Dave is really Lakes? A conspiracy perhaps

You are digging yourself in deeper and deeper into this. (I wonder if you are not a Jacks fan in Bison clothing! LOL).

Dave - there is no inside joke on your new name. Just an arbitrary name as it is easier to type than your user name.
    Not a Jacks fan, but certainly not a hater either. Life's too short for petty negativity.

Funny story on the name thing, a friend introduces me to one of his friends "Brian". Keep in mind, alcohol is involved (like most good stories). Anyway, I say that Brian is way to hard to remember, you are "Ike" now. Twenty years later we are still calling him Ike!

Not a Jacks fan, but certainly not a hater either. Life's too short for petty negativity.

Funny story on the name thing, a friend introduces me to one of his friends "Brian". Keep in mind, alcohol is involved (like most good stories). Anyway, I say that Brian is way to hard to remember, you are "Ike" now. Twenty years later we are still calling him Ike!
    When it comes to the Jacks, I thrive on petty negativity. One of my numerous character flaws.

When it comes to the Jacks, I thrive on petty negativity. One of my numerous character flaws.
    AlumniGreen with envy

Quote Originally Posted by ringthebells View Post
    AlumniGreen with envy
    Nope. If we are referring to the Jacks, they are ones who are green with envy - green and yellow!