Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: R U watching the Shrine game tonight?

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: R U watching the Shrine game tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So how did Sundell play? Anyone see more than one play with him in the game? How much of the game did he play? I don't give a crap how the Bunny turd players did.
    Did someone get up on the wrong side of the throne at the Fiefdom?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Did someone get up on the wrong side of the throne at the Fiefdom?
    Just read the FCS news out there! SDSU this and SDSU that. 5 SDSU players in the Shrine game. Holy crap you would think they won 7 nattys in a row. Even after losing a bunch of players to graduation they are anointed the best ever. In the meantime we got Stony Brook for our AD and finally making some coaching changes in football after the Jacks kick Bison ass in most every sport. Matt Larsen sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Just read the FCS news out there! SDSU this and SDSU that. 5 SDSU players in the Shrine game. Holy crap you would think they won 7 nattys in a row. Even after losing a bunch of players to graduation they are anointed the best ever. In the meantime we got Stony Brook for our AD and finally making some coaching changes in football after the Jacks kick Bison ass in most every sport. Matt Larsen sucks!
    I'm all in with that attitude as well...I could care less about bunnies 'repping the valley' blah blah blah. We got lazy and complacent and have been kicked aside for a newer model, so to speak. They are the enemy and I despise them from start to finish. Crap needs to change and get us on top again. Our catchphrase was 'stay humble, stay hungry.' Yeah, well being humble is easy now, isn't it...do we have the hunger it takes?

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    I'm all in with that attitude as well...I could care less about bunnies 'repping the valley' blah blah blah. We got lazy and complacent and have been kicked aside for a newer model, so to speak. They are the enemy and I despise them from start to finish. Crap needs to change and get us on top again. Our catchphrase was 'stay humble, stay hungry.' Yeah, well being humble is easy now, isn't it...do we have the hunger it takes?
    Thanks for the comments. So what is being done to get back on top (and not just in football as lots of sports need improvement)? All the focus lately seems to be on NIL, but the problem lies deeper than that. A few areas need coaching changes and maybe just increased expectations. Also fan and student attendance have been in decline. The SHAC is a terrible basketball venue (most uncomfortable seating and nothing has been done about it). Add to that Fargodome improvements were rejected by Fargo voters and the dome continues to be a stale environment that is not aging well. Last but not least, who is updating the GoBison website? None of the recent coaching changes have been entered into football coaches section and the football practice facility still has artist renditions instead of actual pictures. Sorry about the rant in this thread, but at least my diverging topic is relevant to Bison football and related matters.

I agree that the gobison.com website is in need of fixing and updating. I tried to buy tickets for the Women's BB game versus SDSU the other night. The link on the top banner that said TICKETS gave me a list of sports, but when I clicked on Women's Basketball under the Information heading, I got a page with information from 2022-23. Same thing happens with Men's BB. I emailed the ticket department to let them know; they politely thanked me and said they would let the "Communications Department" (whoever that is) know. And, to your point, there are a lot of things on the site that need updating and enhancing.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    I agree that the gobison.com website is in need of fixing and updating. I tried to buy tickets for the Women's BB game versus SDSU the other night. The link on the top banner that said TICKETS gave me a list of sports, but when I clicked on Women's Basketball under the Information heading, I got a page with information from 2022-23. Same thing happens with Men's BB. I emailed the ticket department to let them know; they politely thanked me and said they would let the "Communications Department" (whoever that is) know. And, to your point, there are a lot of things on the site that need updating and enhancing.
    And this is what needs to happen as you have done. If you see something is wrong, errant, missing, or outdated - let the appropriate people know and what I find as a communication geek is to COPY someone else, such as a higher up (or a lower down) Or maybe copy 3 people in the chain of command. That way, the recipient cannot say they did not know about the problem and by copying several people, that will MOTIVATE someone somewhere here to get on the ball. If I saw a serious problem, I would also copy Matt Larsen - not that he would necessarily do anything about it but it would motivate the person.

At NDSU, we are in no position at all to neglect Dotting Our I's and Crossing our T's. Even little things - a potential recruit probably will look on-line before s/he considers NDSU and if they see something outdated, they will think it is NOT done. Little by little, this casts doubt in a potential recruits mind.

Thank you for doing this, Some Beach.

In my world of NDSU, I have noticed some errors (not athletic) and made it very clear that it reflects poorly on NDSU and I DO not back down and neither should any of us. I copy a few people on all of my emails (I am diplomatic about all emails) - dept head, maybe a dean, depending on the severity of the omission, and so forth. It takes 10 minutes to update stuff. No excuses about budget cuts which I get a lot.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    It's absurd to begrudge the Jacks for our decline.
    We're down and I don't like that either. Until we're back, I'm glad it's our nemesises keeping MVFC on top and not some undeserving lesser conference team.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    It's absurd to begrudge the Jacks for our decline.
    We're down and I don't like that either. Until we're back, I'm glad it's our nemesises keeping MVFC on top and not some undeserving lesser conference team.
    That's clinically insane, it'd be like if you're a Vikings fan being happy the Packers won the SuperBowl, like I said, insane.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    That's clinically insane, it'd be like if you're a Vikings fan being happy the Packers won the SuperBowl, like I said, insane.
    Lifelong Vikings fan/Packer hater here. I'd rather see Packers win SuperBowl.

But that's not a good comparison. MVFC is stacked, a great conference with many great teams. 'The' conference in FCS. NFC North....yeah, not so much. My point is that Jacks winning in Frisco helps solidify MVFC as 'The' conference. Who wouldn't want that?

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Lifelong Vikings fan/Packer hater here. I'd rather see Packers win SuperBowl.

But that's not a good comparison. MVFC is stacked, a great conference with many great teams. 'The' conference in FCS. NFC North....yeah, not so much. My point is that Jacks winning in Frisco helps solidify MVFC as 'The' conference. Who wouldn't want that?
    Are you FLIPPING nuts? You and I are done, baby!