Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: R U watching the Shrine game tonight?

Default Re: R U watching the Shrine game tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Nope. If we are referring to the Jacks, they are ones who are green with envy - green and yellow!
    I mean, their mascot is freakin bunny FFS, this is the only place I want to see a bunny win...

duck-season-rabbit-season.jpg

AlumniGreen is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You all just do your deals. You know who you are. Real Bison don't cheer for the Jacks. If the Jacks win the Dakota Marker again this year, don't come whining about it. We have met the enemy and they are the Jackrabbits.

My dad played football for that school up north in the 1950’s and I had two siblings that are alumni from that same unnamed institution. Dad took me to a Harvest Bowl game at Dakota Field when I was 8 or 9. He got tickets from our local coop elevator. I fell in love with the Bison that Saturday afternoon in October in the late 70’s and became the black sheep of the family all in one fell swoop. I grew up secretly loathing the Sue in private, as to not get excommunicated from the family. The Bison teams of the 1980’s were good to me but again, I had to bite my tongue every time we throttled the little green men if I wanted to stay in the family estate.

I attended NDSU and studied Ag Mec and Ag Econ in the late 1980’s. Dad even let me come back to the farm. �� When we moved up to 1AA and UN_ became irrelevant and the bunnies became enemy #1, I transitioned my hatred from north to south. If either UN_ or the bunnies were playing a team coached by Satan himself, I’ll be pulling for Hell’s Angels every time.

Grudges matter…

Quote Originally Posted by BisonDude View Post
    My dad played football for that school up north in the 1950’s and I had two siblings that are alumni from that same unnamed institution. Dad took me to a Harvest Bowl game at Dakota Field when I was 8 or 9. He got tickets from our local coop elevator. I fell in love with the Bison that Saturday afternoon in October in the late 70’s and became the black sheep of the family all in one fell swoop. I grew up secretly loathing the Sue in private, as to not get excommunicated from the family. The Bison teams of the 1980’s were good to me but again, I had to bite my tongue every time we throttled the little green men if I wanted to stay in the family estate.

I attended NDSU and studied Ag Mec and Ag Econ in the late 1980’s. Dad even let me come back to the farm. 😜 When we moved up to 1AA and UN_ became irrelevant and the bunnies became enemy #1, I transitioned my hatred from north to south. If either UN_ or the bunnies were playing a team coached by Satan himself, I’ll be pulling for Hell’s Angels every time.

Grudges matter…
    That is an awesome story, dude. Young people can often see the truth better than older people because they don’t have built-in prejudices. It is impressive that such a young person could find his way out of the wilderness into the promised land, surrounded by so many lost and searching souls. I will tip my glass to you tonight, sir. You must have been what they call “old for your age”

Here’s another way to phrase the question – which school would you rather be in a conference with? I became a Bison fan when NDSU was D1 and und was D2, and for me this will always be the correct perspective. Give me the bunnies every day and twice on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    You all just do your deals. You know who you are. Real Bison don't cheer for the Jacks. If the Jacks win the Dakota Marker again this year, don't come whining about it. We have met the enemy and they are the Jackrabbits.
    I am a Jackrabbit so I won't be whining if the Jacks win, but I also won't come on here and celebrate. I'm not a dick. As far as cheering or jeering each other, when you have a committee deciding who gets at large bids, perception matters. The fact that the MVFC has dominated the championship game helps with getting multiple teams in and also with seeding. Home games matter. OK, enough of the kumbaya crap. Screw the U, horns down and well...I don't care enough about UND to have a phrase for them.

Here’s another way to phrase the question – which school would you rather be in a conference with? I became a Bison fan when NDSU was D1 and und was D2, and for me this will always be the correct perspective. Give me the bunnies every day and twice on Saturday

Ed Schultz and Roger Thomas mocked and chastised us for transitioning up to D1. It was a bad idea until it wasn’t for them. When we lose to UN_, they rush the field/court/diamond/checker board and get a new Zamboni to celebrate. It’s their Whioux-per Bowl or Stanley Thermos (isn’t that what the hockey trophy is?). They are our bitches

When we lose to the bunnies, they kick us in the junk, steal our girlfriends and their head coach retires. They are our peers. Right now they own us in just about everything and I hate it. They’re the conference opponents I want.
    Last edited by BisonDude; 02-05-2024 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ringthebells View Post
    I am a Jackrabbit so I won't be whining if the Jacks win, but I also won't come on here and celebrate. I'm not a dick. As far as cheering or jeering each other, when you have a committee deciding who gets at large bids, perception matters. The fact that the MVFC has dominated the championship game helps with getting multiple teams in and also with seeding. Home games matter. OK, enough of the kumbaya crap. Screw the U, horns down and well...I don't care enough about UND to have a phrase for them.
    ........just calling them the "fawkers " or "those little fawkers" will do....

Quote Originally Posted by ringthebells View Post
    Screw the U, horns down and well...I don't care enough about UND to have a phrase for them.
    Sioux suck shit still works.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    It's absurd to begrudge the Jacks for our decline.
    We're down and I don't like that either. Until we're back, I'm glad it's our nemesises keeping MVFC on top and not some undeserving lesser conference team.
    I don't begrudge them anything. What I do is DESPISE them. They are the enemy. "Keeping the mvfc on top" is NOT meaningful, nor a priority of mine. If the Bison don't win it all, I would be happy to see New Hampshire do so, but not brookings.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Lifelong Vikings fan/Packer hater here. I'd rather see Packers win SuperBowl.

But that's not a good comparison. MVFC is stacked, a great conference with many great teams. 'The' conference in FCS. NFC North....yeah, not so much. My point is that Jacks winning in Frisco helps solidify MVFC as 'The' conference. Who wouldn't want that?
    "The Conference?" I want "THE Mighty, Mighty Bison." brookings can go get stufffed. I cheer for them never. I am happy for them never. It's embarrassing that we have become lower than them. 100% embarrassing.