Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Saturday's Green and Gold Collective Party

Default Re: Saturday's Green and Gold Collective Party

Burgundy's post reminds me I was going to share about that experience.

As part of my G&G Collective membership, I get a message from a student athlete. I worked with Curt and requested a message for my daughter (who is an aspiring DI Gymnast) related to recovering from injury and the recruiting process. I didn't specify an athlete and just sort of put the idea out there, not knowing what to expect.

I must say I was beyond impressed. First, Curt sent out articles and the OK Tire commercial so that my daughter would have some background on who Elle Evans is (we live out of market). Next was a well thought out video from Elle to my daughter. We were floored, my daughter looked at me and said, "how do you know her?", LOL.

Elle didn't just "check the box", she really did a great job with the video message. It's great to have some sort of connection with the athletes and she sure has some fans at our house.

Hats off to Curt as well, I enjoyed interacting with him as the idea came together.

I'm really glad that I support the G&G collective. Getting the message for my daughter makes it worth every penny.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Wow... got to give some kudos where it's due. Seems like they're really working towards making this more of a fan friendly event (I've been to several spring games in the past and they were awkward and boring to attend in person to be honest - other than the ring ceremonies after championship years). The concourse interaction with the players along with the mic'd up players and coaches are some really neat ideas. Hope they get a good turnout - I'll be there pending family plans that weekend.

Do they need the 7-second delay on the microphones or do the coaches not swear during practices? Edit. I'm sure I heard more curse words from my parochial school basketball coach and high school soccer coaches than I did from every other adult in my childhood put together. LOL
    It's OK to not be OK.

So what kind of claw-back policies do we have in place? Given today’s announcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    So what kind of claw-back policies do we have in place? Given today’s announcement?
    ?????????????????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    ?????????????????
    That our stud future hall of famer WBB player just left.

After all this talk about her getting paid while at NDSU and less than a week after her claiming how excited she was to come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

That our stud future hall of famer WBB player just left.

After all this talk about her getting paid while at NDSU and less than a week after her claiming how excited she was to come back.
    Really quiet here given all the claims this collective would help prevent athlete departures. The fact is NDSU won't be able to compete with bigger schools and most who want to leave will.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Really quiet here given all the claims this collective would help prevent athlete departures. The fact is NDSU won't be able to compete with bigger schools and most who want to leave will.
    It will help prevent athletic departures. Do you think football players like Grey Zabel, Cole Wisniewski, Cam Miller, and Cole Payton would all still be on the NDSU roster without the formation of the G&G Collective? I'd say it's pretty doubtful. It's not meant to compete with bigger schools with more support - that's just not sustainable - it's meant to give the players with options to transfer out something to fall back on if they decide to stay. I don't know how much those football players are getting from the G&G Collective but I'd guarantee it's a lot less than what they were offered if they transferred. For some players getting a portion of what they could've gotten elsewhere to stay in a familiar spot like NDSU will be enough to keep them - for others it won't.

Heard on the radio that payments occur after the transfer portal date. That's intentional so if they are in the portal, they didnt fulfill obligations. Previous payments I have no idea but were not talking millions here. Elle's deal was through OK Tire I believe

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com