Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Jake Landry, OC

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Jake Landry, OC

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I have the odds in my favor so I have more to lose. But how about a straight up bet.

If St Thomas wins. I give you $1000 and I have to blow Lakes. You will get your choice of any woman to have sex eith and it's a guarantee nobody finds out

If UNI wins, you give me $250 and you have to blow Lakes

If this was a real bet, you wouldnt take it
    Gabe! Get back to renderings and DE size and speed talk... Not doing yourself any favors by betting favors
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

What in the fucking hell is going on in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    What in the fucking hell is going on in this thread.
    Fhawking eh. Gone to teh birds!

Lardsin must go!

The undies forum is a hoot. Sad to say I agree with some of them. This is a high-risk low-reward situation for NDSU; there is no upside here and it reeks of friend hire. A national search would yield 10 candidates way more qualified than Jake.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    The undies forum is a hoot. Sad to say I agree with some of them. This is a high-risk low-reward situation for NDSU; there is no upside here and it reeks of friend hire. A national search would yield 10 candidates way more qualified than Jake.
    Or perhaps an internal search of the guy in the same offices as you that was a D2 coordinator of the year and averaged north of 45 points/game.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Or perhaps an internal search of the guy in the same offices as you that was a D2 coordinator of the year and averaged north of 45 points/game.
    He would still be a better than a friend hire with Jake. I think it might be that Coach P runs the offense and Jake is OC only in name. A bigger name like Messingham might want control over playcalling, offensive recruiting and starters.

This is my thought, as well. I thought the rest of the hires/promotions Coach P has made have all been solid...but, this one was a head-scratcher to me, especially when there were better options on the current staff, IMO.

Colleges do national searches for OC's?

Who would be involved in the decision making in your national search?

why is there No upside?

just curious.

He would still be a better than a friend hire with Jake. I think it might be that Coach P runs the offense and Jake is OC only in name. A bigger name like Messingham might want control over playcalling, offensive recruiting and starters.
    Jake from St T? Yeah she sounds hideous... Well she's a guy so.

They’re just in the bargaining stage and trying to make themselves feel better about their program not being a premier destination in the FCS.

National searches don’t happen for coordinator positions. That’s why the head coach and his experience and network is important. Every head coach will bring in the guys he feels most comfortable with that also show potential and upside.

I like the hire and think he is going to bring the right level of innovation with staying true to our game. Over the past few years there has been a lot of discussion about how both SDSU and UND have been better at unique play design to attack certain weaknesses. I think that’s what Jake will bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk