Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Jake Landry, OC

Default Re: Jake Landry, OC

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Well if the odds are correct then you should be indifferent to the bet. I know I’m not and I bet Burgundy isn’t either.
    I might pick St Thomas if the game was played on the moon. That could neutralize any physical advantages

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I spent more than twenty years in the hedge fund business and one of the many things I learned there from guys who literally put billions of dollars (OPM) at risk every day was to never gamble. Young traders and analysts gambled, yes. But the portfolio managers and the hedge fund managers themselves? Even during a round of golf - just $1.
    An article about poker pro Daniel Negreanu: He once won a $550,000. golf bet and once lost 1.2 million to poker pro Phil Ivey in one round.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/07/pok...-wild-golf-bet

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    An article about poker pro Daniel Negreanu: He once won a $550,000. golf bet and once lost 1.2 million to poker pro Phil Ivey in one round.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/07/pok...-wild-golf-bet
    I saw some crazy stuff with those hedge fund traders but nothing like that level. I recall one round I was playing at The Pines in Nisswa with one of our traders and a bond salesman from California who covered him. They were betting big time and my trader was down and pressing on every single hole. Came to the 18th tee and my trader is down $64k. The bond guy threw the match I’m sure on that final press and they ended up even. He made it up on the next bond sale I’m sure.

Another time I went to Vegas for a Goldman Converts conference with some traders. The night we landed one guy stayed up all night at the craps tables. When I saw him at 8 then next morning he claimed to have been up north of $30k overnight but was broke for the first conference session. He had a fun night though!
    Don't believe everything you think.

Anyway, Jake Landry probably knows football

Just a guess

I saw some crazy stuff with those hedge fund traders but nothing like that level. I recall one round I was playing at The Pines in Nisswa with one of our traders and a bond salesman from California who covered him. They were betting big time and my trader was down and pressing on every single hole. Came to the 18th tee and my trader is down $64k. The bond guy threw the match I’m sure on that final press and they ended up even. He made it up on the next bond sale I’m sure.

Another time I went to Vegas for a Goldman Converts conference with some traders. The night we landed one guy stayed up all night at the craps tables. When I saw him at 8 then next morning he claimed to have been up north of $30k overnight but was broke for the first conference session. He had a fun night though!
    Fuckin yolo bro love it.

If I don’t die we should party with some traders I’ll cut you in post scam
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: New OC. Landry

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    How is Beschorner not better than Landry? I'm so confused.
    I am as well.

Replaced already:
    They hired the runner up. You know, if the winner cannot serve for some reason, the runner up will serve.
    https://www.kvrr.com/2024/01/28/frue...zpnCa96OnHa_x4
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Fuckin yolo bro love it.

If I don’t die we should party with some traders I’ll cut you in post scam
    Guessing you would have fit right in with those Hold’em tourneys BofA used to run in the ice house on Lake Minnetonka in the ‘00s. But then the CDS thing blew up and all the good times went with it.

Well, almost all anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    By the way, only did one bet on BV and that was with an Iowa fan before the game. Believe we bet $50 straight up. He was a man of his word and sent me a check in the mail.
    I got in on that action with my brother-in-law's neighbor (and he was the one who got us the tickets for that game ), he bought drinks the rest of the weekend.

My $1 wager remains available to mtoutfitter right up until kickoff on Sept. 7th at O’Shaugnessy.
    Why are you getting the former ISU-red TE involved in this bet??