Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Roehl leaves to Tennessee State as OC

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Roehl leaves to Tennessee State as OC

Thinking out loud....With all the players who showed support for TR to be head coach, will there be any new portal entrants?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Thinking out loud....With all the players who showed support for TR to be head coach, will there be any new portal entrants?
    I would be a little more concerned had he been going to an FBS school. There might be a couple guys to follow him there but who knows.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I would be a little more concerned had he been going to an FBS school. There might be a couple guys to follow him there but who knows.
    Follow him to a school where you have to come back to NDSU and get your teeth kicked in...I doubt we'll see much of that. Could always happen, especially for some depth guys that might move up the chart at TSU but I don't think it would make sense for most.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

wow...so the best Tyler could do was this? Shocked. He would have been in Northwestern if he was highly regarded. Can't wait to see how he does when he doesn't have superior talent in most match ups.

Kind of surprised by this move, definitely a step down. Thought for sure he'd stick it out this year and try to land a HC or FBS OC gig somewhere. Best of luck to him!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I don't know. From where I sit Fargo to Nashville seems like a pretty darn spiffy trade.

Best of luck Tyler. Show em how it's done.
    I dunno.....Nashville would be a pretty good spot to go, but guessing he took a pay cut?

Yeah, this is a step down, pedigree wise, no matter how you spin it. He had the exact same title (OC/Assoc Head Coach) at NDSU. Seems like kind of a desperation move to be honest... hopefully he's successful there (outside of the games they play against NDSU in 2024 and 2025) along with wherever else he goes and proves his chops for the HC position the next time it opens up at NDSU.

Wow, I'm shocked ! This is not even a lateral move, it's a downward move. I don't understand how he thinks this will benefit him. Oh well, people going to do what people going to do ! I'm starting to question his mental state. He must be going for the scenery, the climate and the music. I certainly can't see any other benefit. "Suprised Eddy, I couldn't be anymore surprised if I wokeup with my head sewn to the carpet ".

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I would guess not…

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

"Outside experience" is often used as a rationale but how important is it really?

The only "outside experience" SDSU coach Jimmy Rogers had was as a graduate assistant at Florida Atlantic

in 2012 and early 2013. He returned to South Dakota State for the 2013 season and served as linebackers coach.